• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8" 3 L73

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
Found a rear 8.8 axle in an explorer with a 5.0, unfortunatley it only has the 3.73's but it does have the LSD. Is it still worth buying and then re-gearing? Price on the axle is $100 complete with calipers and all.

Great price, but I would wait to find the gearing you are looking for instead of regearing this 3.73 8.8

regear it for like 500 or find one with 4.10's and maybe pay 200? prob with lsd...

Thanks for the help, as always i appreciate all information i gather in this forum. Today we went back to the same yard and turns out that there is another one with 4.10's no lsd and the housing resembles a horse shoe due to a violent roll over. So will the 4.10's out of the wrecked one still fit the lsd one with 3.73's???

As I recall 8.8 Ford carriers are 3.55 thru 4.56, so it should work for you. This is only from memory so you should double check. the guys at the boneyard should have a Hollanders. Have them cross reference the carrier.

Back