• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check engine after new TPS

gt247life04

NAXJA Forum User
I recently checked my checked my engine codes and it was a 24 which I found out was a TPS. I then replaced it yesterday, but while in the process I decided to remove the TB and clean it. After I reassembled everything I did a compression test and changed my spark plugs after gapping them. I also disconnected the battery to clear the computer. This morning I drove it to school with no problems, then when I left 3hrs later the check engine came back on and now it shows a 24 and 41. What is the problem? I need help ASAP because I have a wheeling trip planned for tomorrow. Thanks for any and all help!

Sean Jones

turn the truck on, run the RPMs up to 4k, let it hold there for a second or two, then turn the switch off while the RPMs are still up there.

Cutting it off that way will cause the IAC and other sensors to cycle and reset/relearn their positions on the next startup. I did the same thing and it ran good at first then started actin a fool. This cleared it right up.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to try that. And thanks for the diagnosis on the 41, it seemed to clear itself after a few starts. I will post back once I have tried the RPM thing. Thanks again.

Sean Jones

Back