• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IM BUYING ROCK RAILS!!!.. but which ones?

LockdUpXJ

NAXJA Forum User
as it states I am looking to get some rock rails ASAP. my rocker panels are a little jacked up already from the jerk offs that stole my wheels and tires....... SO I am now looking to buy some rails and would prefer not to spend $300.... So what should I get on lower priced ones? Or should I buy the "good" ones?

Well there's a few that come to mind, such as AJs offroad and JCRoffroad. I my self just bought some JCRoffroad and got them the other day, will be painting tomorrow and installing Saturday.

But good luck getting some for not only under $300, but shipped for under that. I'd suggest looking at used ones if that's the case.

From the research I've done, just buck up the extra cash and get something good with the extra tube that protrudes out, that way you protect your doors from trees.

Which ever ones you buy, ensure that they bolt onto your pinch seam as well as the frame for extra strength.

I have the new Rough Country X series rockrails, which are round tubular to match the rest of my crap, BUT they do not bolt onto the pinch seam. I knew this before I purchased them for 180, however I will be modifying them to ensure the pinch seam is bolted on for extra strength prior to installing.

Mac

Ba-Riedo said:
Go full rocker replacement, I slam mine on everything that I can find and they have not let me down.

-Alex

X3.

Ryan - the Rocker N Roller thread that had Matt's build has disappeared from the forum. We need to get Jeremy to do a write up on his.... He has the additional upper rosette welds and 2"x2" spacers. Mine are patterned off his pics from that thread...
Alex - who did yours and what size steel was used?

x 97gazillion

Metal Thrasher said:
X3.

Ryan - the Rocker N Roller thread that had Matt's build has disappeared from the forum. We need to get Jeremy to do a write up on his.... He has the additional upper rosette welds and 2"x2" spacers. Mine are patterned off his pics from that thread...

Those Guys did Alex's when they did his cage.

Metal Thrasher said:
X3.

I know, We have looked for it several times and gotten the admins involved, and no one can find it. I did mine the same as Jeremy's with the 2x2 rosette welded to the sills.
-Ryan

Blkxjkrawler said:
I know, We have looked for it several times and gotten the admins involved, and no one can find it. I did mine the same as Jeremy's with the 2x2 rosette welded to the sills.
-Ryan

It could have died when the entire forum went down last year. We lost a month worth of posts.

Blkxjkrawler said:
nope, it was done before then.
didn't the first time it was posted get deleted so he had to remake that thread?

WaXJ_Skier said:
didn't the first time it was posted get deleted so he had to remake that thread?
no I think it was closed and deleted, then undeleted, then totally dissapeared:dunno:
regardless it is nowhere to be found on this site.
-Ryan

I like the look and design of my AJ's Super Rails, but I beat them senseless on one trip and now they are no longer round, smooth, and straight. One more trip on the Rubicon and I might need to replace them. Still though, they worked well and prevented a ton of body damage.

rocknxj said:
I like the look and design of my AJ's Super Rails, but I beat them senseless on one trip and now they are no longer round, smooth, and straight. One more trip on the Rubicon and I might need to replace them. Still though, they worked well and prevented a ton of body damage.

what thickness did you order?

I have AJs super rails and am getting them back from being bedlined on monday. I dont know how you beat yours up, they seem very beastly too me. I also got the thicker ones so that might have something to do with it.

I was going to buy a set used of rocker replacement rails from John a few months ago but he said he didn't want to do it again (the work to put them on is extensive)... and I was thinking the bolt on rails because the skid plate/ long arm mount of mine sits low under the jeep anyway.... and again wont the rocker replacement be even more than $300? I really wanted to get cheaper ones if I could so I can look forward to getting a winch bumper sooner than later. I was going to buy a set of rails from someone on here and he said he wanted $100 for them so I was stocked to get them. but he sold them to someone for $150. I would have paid $200 but I was never given the chance to offer him more, he sold them while I was under the impression that I was going to get them. So I don't want to spend more than $300.

Back