• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

straping the jeep to the trailer?????

rogersjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I was just courious could you use the swaybar mounts on the axle to strap the jeep to the trailer? I have the swaybar removed from the jeep and the mounts on the axle look real strong. would this be safe?

I sure wouldn't. My swaybar mounts are nowhere near strong enough.

No.

You never want to strap to anything that allows the suspension to come into play. Go around you axles! watch out for sharp brackets, it will slice your straps right off!

Mine are thicker and braced. I still wouldn't do it. Strap to the axles, or strap to your recovery points.

Blaine B. said:
I've also heard it isn't a bad idea to strap to the body and then pull it down and keep it under tension so the body will not roll around turns and such.
That is a bad idea. When you pull down on the suspension, it bouces as you travel causing the straps to loosen then tighten. A lot of vehicles have fallen off of trailers being tied down that way. It also increases the chance of your straps being cut, and no need to have your suspension pulled down while you drive.

Back