• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My JCR sliders...does yours look like this?

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
2783638514_60f01116d9.jpg

All of the other parts of my sliders have a full weld but this one. So should it be fully welded? I don't want to have to wait a long as time again for some new ones...

And while I have the thread, what's recommended for paint prep? I bought a can of rustoleum pro primer (brown) and 2 cans of rustoleum pro high performance enamel (black). Should I bother trying to clean the metal with paint thinner...or just start spraying?

Thanks.

Youll be just fine.

As for paint. If you really wanna do it nice. Clean it with some type of degreaser (Acetone, some windex, paint thinner, alot of different things will work). Get some self-etching primer and then do two light coats of a top coat of your choice.

Or do what we do. Wipe it down with a shop rag and spray away. When your scratch it up on the trails a quick touch up spray brings it back to new.

Seriously though, if you wheel your rig, pick the later, your just gonna scratch them up anyways.

swbooking said:
Youll be just fine.

As for paint. If you really wanna do it nice. Clean it with some type of degreaser (Acetone, some windex, paint thinner, alot of different things will work). Get some self-etching primer and then do two light coats of a top coat of your choice.

Or do what we do. Wipe it down with a shop rag and spray away. When your scratch it up on the trails a quick touch up spray brings it back to new.

Seriously though, if you wheel your rig, pick the later, your just gonna scratch them up anyways.

I fully intend to wheel my rig. Infact, last saturday when I went wheeling I managed to be really good about not slamming my rockers (although my exhaust took several hits) but then on the last stretch I managed to slam my rocker pretty good onto a rock. I'm not too worried about how my sliders look, but I dont want to have to touch them up after everytime I wheel either.

Thanks though, I like the windex and shop rag idea.

I have no idea if mine are welded all the way around or not.
I wouldn't sweat it. I'd wheel the crap out of them. That's not going to hurt a thing.

For paint, I cleaned them up first. I just wiped them down with brake cleaner. Then a couple thin coats of self-etching primer followed by the top coat of your choice. I used a satin black.

Yes, that should be fully welded.

I feel totally bad because everyone was telling you there would be no problems, and our sliders are worth the wait, and then I miss a weld. :(

Will it be a problem with strength? Not likely, but if you have a local welding shop, have them throw a bead on there and let me know what it costs.

If your not worried about it, just run some silicon over the joint so water doesn't get in or out. If it ever cracks they will surely fall under our warranty down the road.

I am VERY sorry.

Last edited:
monkeyevil said:

I feel totally bad because everyone was telling you there would be no problems, and our sliders are worth the wait, and then I miss a weld. :(

Will it be a problem with strength? Not likely, but if you have a local welding shop, have them throw a bead on there and let me know what it costs.

If your not worried about it, just run some silicon over the joint so water doesn't get in or out. If it ever cracks they will surely fall under our warranty down the road.

I am VERY sorry.
and THATS why i buy from JCR :cheers:

ECKSJAY said:
Yup, that's class. Great that some manufacturers take the time to monitor the site. :)

Agreed! :compwork:

We shall see what happens, ehh? :yelclap:

monkeyevil said:

I am VERY sorry.

Good work guys. Thats why i'll always recommend you every chance i get. :cheers:

looks like i know where im going for some stuff soon

its good to see a company not trying to stick it to people all the time

Back