• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sway bar connections gone!!!

AZRockRunner

Nobody
I bought a used axle from a friend that already had matching gears and custom diff cover and lower control arm guards welded on. I have this axle installed finally but noticed that he cut off the sway bar links that were part of the axle. My question is, can I just cut off mine from my old D30 and weld them on? Should I leave them off and run with out one.
This is NOT a daily driver. Running Rustys 4.5lift with 32x1150R15 cable disco in front locked and limited slip ford 8.8 rear.

I am not planning on trailoring it yet, until it wont pass smog anymore. But to the trails is the only pavement it will see.

Thanks in advance.

I would just leave it alone. You will get used to the extra lean. Sometimes I forget to reconnect and ill go days before i remember to hook it back up.

You can buy various versions of swaybar mounts from several suppliers rather than cutting off your old ones.

Well, I have 3 "spare" D30 axles to choose from. This is the only reason I am staying with the disco axle. I have enough spares shafts and stuff to last a few seasons. LOL

I run without any swaybars on my DD and you do get used to it. Just don't go too fast and watch your speed around corners.

I am thinking that I wil leave them off. I am not sure the AC works in it, so it wont be driven much in AZ other than trail runs, or quick grocery store runs if my Chevy's break down. LOL

Given the speed of replies, I am NOT the only one not working at work today...... HAHAHA

Jess said:
I run without any swaybars on my DD and you do get used to it. Just don't go too fast and watch your speed around corners.

Yep Who needs them. Plus you won't be spending time trying to get them off & fighting to get them back on :sunshine:

Rob $.02

Back