• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are Liberal/Democrats Pro Choice?

Yes, they are. The Left tends to be in favour of abortion, including late-term abortion; while the Right tends more toward the religious "pro-life" stance.

If anyone is wondering, I personally believe that abortion should not be practised as retroactive birth control - there are plenty of methods out there that are cheaper, entail far less risk (surgery is always risky!) and can approach 100% effectiveness when used in combination. Publicly, it's a matter of personal choice, and I do not RPT not have the right to dictate what another person does with their body. I don't have to agree with it, but I haven't the right to prevent it. Nor the arrogance.

And yes, I lean fairly well to the right of centre (conservative libertarian, if anything. Less government, more personal freedom.) The "libertarian" view is what you see in the previous - just because I don't agree with it personally doesn't give me the right to dictate it.

IMHO Being for or against abortion should not have anything to do with who you vote for or what party you align with.

< I'm a pro abortion (in certain cases), pro gun rights, pro gay rights, pro regulation of the govenment, anti tax, semi religious, married white middle class undecided voter. :D

I just like to bitch....hehehehehee

Pro abortion in the case of a legal or moral (rape or incest) and pro life in any other case and I am a strong conservative to boot. And I hate anyone that tries to take away my gun's.

I'm not saying there's a war comming, but if there is, I am definitly prepared.........

Last edited:
Not everything is so black and white. There's no formula that states if you believe this, then you're a democrat; if you believe that, then you're a republican.

I think Kelly is correct that a party tends to go a certain way, but there are no hard and fast rules.

Tom R. said:
Not everything is so black and white. There's no formula that states if you believe this, then you're a democrat; if you believe that, then you're a republican.

I think Kelly is correct that a party tends to go a certain way, but there are no hard and fast rules.

Who is this Kelly that you speak of? Is he fictional or literal?........:dunno:

darincraft said:
Who is this Kelly that you speak of? Is he fictional or literal?........:dunno:

Kelly is still but a child that likes to speak the Kings English and post like he has been in every concflict known to man in modern times.

In reality, he is a 30 something year old guy that is absolutely-completely afraid of a telephone. IIRC, he also lives with his wife, his wifes mother, his mother, her mother, and her mother. AND lives in the Bay Area. BUT he is cool 'cause he spells "tire" as "tyre" and some other BS.

Go Jon. LMAO.

Being a member of one of hte political parties does not mean you HAVE to agree with every one of the party's "tendencies".
Fortunately - so far- the two party system we have has mostly landed us in the middle on most subjects. The reality is that the vast majority of Americans are not far left or far right but rather right in the middle. So on subjects like abortion you are going to have people STUCK in the middle. I think that abortion is one of those issues where most people really don't like it but don't want to see it outlawed becasue there is some need for it. I've known ultra right wing - holier than thous who took their daughter to a clinic and came out preaching against what they had just done as loud as before they went in. I'm pretty sure they were happy not to be breaking the law as well.

I want to know which candidate is Pro-chucking them in the woodchipper.

"them" being those deemed worthy...

JoesXJ said:
< I'm a pro abortion (in certain cases), pro gun rights, pro gay rights, pro regulation of the govenment, anti tax, semi religious, married white middle class undecided voter. :D
Thats funny. Sounds a lot like me....but I don't give a fawk one way or the other about gays and religion.

Glenn B said:
Kelly is still but a child that likes to speak the Kings English and post like he has been in every concflict known to man in modern times.

In reality, he is a 30 something year old guy that is absolutely-completely afraid of a telephone. IIRC, he also lives with his wife, his wifes mother, his mother, her mother, and her mother. AND lives in the Bay Area. BUT he is cool 'cause he spells "tire" as "tyre" and some other BS.

Go Jon. LMAO.

HAHAHAHAHAHA..........LMAO.........so is this fear of telephones a deep rooted psychological disorder that deals with discipline from his mother, or does it stem from the Fruedian analytical nurture argument?....hehehehehee:huh:

Just don't call Glenn 'glen' or 'Gllynn'

Telephone fear is a real thing... not to be made fun of. Mine stems from (nevermind...) F2F and 'e' works for me/

darincraft said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA..........LMAO.........so is this fear of telephones a deep rooted psychological disorder that deals with discipline from his mother, or does it stem from the Fruedian analytical nurture argument?....hehehehehee:huh:

Just the annoyance of a device that thinks it can command my attention simply by making an obnoxious noise. Therefore, every phone in my house has a ringer that can be switched OFF.

I don't fear telephones, I simply do not like them. It's probably pathological by now - mum wasn't heavily into discipline growing up, so that's not it.:looney:

(And, while my MIL lives with us, it's not by preference. Both of us are getting tired of her...)

5-90 said:
Just the annoyance of a device that thinks it can command my attention simply by making an obnoxious noise. Therefore, every phone in my house has a ringer that can be switched OFF.

I don't fear telephones, I simply do not like them. It's probably pathological by now - mum wasn't heavily into discipline growing up, so that's not it.:looney:

(And, while my MIL lives with us, it's not by preference. Both of us are getting tired of her...)

All's good just as long as I don't hear about you being on a bell tower with a high powered rifle.
As long as we're on the subject, you should my typical reaction when the phone rings....turns out we have a lot in common, however my childhood has some strong resemblances to Pink Floyd's-The Wall.

I'm a Democrat but I like guns, I'm white, love off roading, my gas guzzling XJ, and I'm in the military. Other than that the stereotypes begin to disappear.

JoesXJ said:

Sounds like you're Libertarian. That's how I define myself. I'm pro choice, knowing I wouldn't choose that does not give me the right to tell others what to choose. I vote Republican though. I pick 10 issues and the Republicans side with me on 7 of the 10. It's always been that way. Even though a few of the 10 things things change every so often.

I'm not super religious...I pray when I buy lotto tickets...come on. (kidding) I do believe that abortion is wrong. I do believe that life starts at conception. I DON'T think it's above my pay grade to have an opinion on the issue either. I have a stronger belief in independent/libertarian values, God, someone, something will judge. All I can do it tell you when I think life starts...I shouldn't force anyone to act on what I believe.

5-90 said:

Except for the part about the OFF switch, it sounds like you just described all our elected officials and a significant number of "celebrities".

What was the name of that guy mentioned at the end of "So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish" who, when locked in his room for a year to invent a defense against an imminent invasion, got distracted and ended up causing peace with his "genetically engineered fly that could fly through the open half of a half-open window" and his "off switch for children"? We should hire him to make us a remote-controlled "MUTE" switch for politicians. Must try to remember to look that up over the weekend...

Rob Mayercik said:
Except for the part about the OFF switch, it sounds like you just described all our elected officials and a significant number of "celebrities".

What was the name of that guy mentioned at the end of "So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish" who, when locked in his room for a year to invent a defense against an imminent invasion, got distracted and ended up causing peace with his "genetically engineered fly that could fly through the open half of a half-open window" and his "off switch for children"? We should hire him to make us a remote-controlled "MUTE" switch for politicians. Must try to remember to look that up over the weekend...

Don't recall the name, but I know exactly what you're talking about (I've got the entire trilogy - five books and a prequel short story...) Douglas Adams was certainly an oddball in the classic sense. Give both of the Dirk Gently stories a read, and check out The Meaning of Liff as well.

Back