• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HITECH RETREADS

My son is running them in a 315/16 on a 3/4 ton chevy 4x4 and they are doing great. They balanced well and run smooth. I wouldn't run them though if you are prone to airing down on a run. I believe that will void any warranty also.

Learn to use the damn search button, there are at least 50 threads on this.

They are still freaking retreads, pony up for a safe tire. :)

I am. Damn good tires for the price :D

I run them. They're great, but loud. For the price I figured they were worth a try. Will I buy them again? Dunno. I'd rather not have the drone.

I am running them. I have the set that look like Goodyear Wrangler MTRs. They perform very well. Look for my thread on them in the picture forum.

Chris

Ba-Riedo said:
Thought this thread was called hitech retards, well im no longer interested.

-Alex

hereyago: :-D

retard.jpg

Ok so i now have responses that seem to be upbeat about the tire so i have a new question. I am running a set of 33x12.50-R15 D/Mud tires. I am running them at 25psi all around and they seem to still be crowned. I wanted to know if this is because the recap is a harder material or should i run them lower? I use them mainly on the street now and i don't want the middle of the tire to wear out before the sides.

94XJ2door5speed said:
Ok so i now have responses that seem to be upbeat about the tire so i have a new question. I am running a set of 33x12.50-R15 D/Mud tires. I am running them at 25psi all around and they seem to still be crowned. I wanted to know if this is because the recap is a harder material or should i run them lower? I use them mainly on the street now and i don't want the middle of the tire to wear out before the sides.
Ask in tech...this is non-tech.

Here you can see the inner lugs compared to the outer lugs

003-1.jpg

Again to outer compared to the inners, i have about 1000 miles on them now all street at 25psi.

004-1.jpg

The wholt tread pattern

002-1.jpg

I dont know what caused these lines i just want to make sure there not the cap coming off. They are only between the lugs.

001-1.jpg

If this were in the tech forums asking a tech question I would tell you it looks like your alignment is off because the tread looks like its wearing faster on the outside than the center. Fix your alignment and move your tech questions to the tech forums. :)

cal said:
Learn to use the damn search button, there are at least 50 threads on this.

They are still freaking retreads, pony up for a safe tire. :)

Kids with no real info to share.... priceless. Pony up for real world experience. :flame:

Retreads are just fine, just as long as you treat them right. They have been used for years and in most cases are fine... Cal, learn something new some time. :)

Cheers.

[ I would tell you it looks like your alignment is off because the tread looks like its wearing faster on the outside than the center. Fix your alignment and move your tech questions to the tech forums.]

The alignment is perfect! the center is wearing and the sides are not just like when people put 40psi in there all terrains for gas mileage. I watched the alignment when it was done and the toe was perfect and the castor and camber were identicle both with in spec. i wanted to know if anyone else had the bubble effect like there is too much air in them.

The only thing I can think of is that larger tires are generally built for heavier vehicles. When you put larger tires on a lightweight XJ you may have to experiment with PSI since they do not have as much weight on them as they would with a large truck. The heavier truck would have more pressure and weight on each tire, effectively "flattening out" the tread contact pattern, so with less weight on each tire in an XJ the tire will be more prone to crowning than say a fullsize chevy running the same tires at the same PSI. I think there are certain formulas that can help you determine the correct pressure to run depending on gross vehicle weight, I would look into it.

Hope that helps some.

Back