• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel prime issue

afjeep2082

NAXJA Forum User
OK I had a new fuel pump installed after I though it was the cause of another now knowingly unrelated problem.....the pump worked fine for about 3 weeks then I began to notice it took awhile for it to prime when you first start the jeep. BUT I dont thing it's the pump because Itook I light tester to see if I was even getting a signal back and there was none...when the pump finally primed I did get a signal.....any Ideas here? I tryed to bypass the relay or at least i think I was...basicly made the pump pump but still wouldn't start. suggestions would be great!

1993 Jeep cherokee sport automatic

afjeep2082 said:
OK I had a new fuel pump installed after I though it was the cause of another now knowingly unrelated problem.....the pump worked fine for about 3 weeks then I began to notice it took awhile for it to prime when you first start the jeep. BUT I dont thing it's the pump because Itook I light tester to see if I was even getting a signal back and there was none...when the pump finally primed I did get a signal.....any Ideas here? I tryed to bypass the relay or at least i think I was...basicly made the pump pump but still wouldn't start. suggestions would be great!

1993 Jeep cherokee sport automatic

how long have you had that fuel filter in there? has it been replaced recently?

Back