• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does anyone know where I can find this?

I've checked on ebay and on JCR's website, to no avail. I am looking for this particular front bumper for my XJ, but can't seem to find this exact one. I saved the pic from an old Ebay ad, they used to sell them on ebay a year or so ago, but I haven't seen them recently...

all I know is that I'm pretty sure it's made by JCR.

Wow sorry for my stupidity guys! I found what I believe to be it on ebay sold by JCR offroad...

Last edited:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-Cherokee-XJ-Rock-Crawler-Front-Bumper_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a552Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem180277088382QQitemZ180277088382

xjhoopforwardside2.jpg

not worth it...get something that's actually built for recovery. i bought a jeep with one on it and was appalled to find it only used factory mounts.

yeah they now sell tie in brackets, but that's kind of like realizing...opps we make crappy products, here is a band-aid for an extra 40 bucks.

these just aren't beefy enough, for function or aesthetics.:eek:

xjrbw said:
not worth it...get something that's actually built for recovery. i bought a jeep with one on it and was appalled to find it only used factory mounts.

yeah they now sell tie in brackets, but that's kind of like realizing...opps we make crappy products, here is a band-aid for an extra 40 bucks.

Well surely it would be better than front tow hooks, right? :dunno:

i have the same one on mine, JCR prerunner stage1, and i love it. just make sure you get the frame tie-in plates if you go that route.

xjrbw said:

We've always sold tie-in brackets. We make them optional because sometimes people just like the way stuff looks, why should we make them pay $40 extra for something they won't use. And before you say "that's irresponsible, what if they don't know?"

Big red letters above all the bumpers.
http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=XJB

Plus I don't really think we make crappy products.

xjrbw said:

ARB uses the *almost* the exact same mounting system with their winch bumper.

Some people want just a nice looking bumper. If I had a stock DD XJ, I would put one of these on without using the tie-in plates.

JCR makes excellent products and caters to a wider market by offering the bumper at a lower price for people who don't wheel. Good business move IMO.

xjrbw said:
hey look on the bright side, you may have the most "quoted" post ever.

ah, Original Poster, just read above, and than than go with the exact opposite of what he said.

JCR has a great rep on this site, and for good reason. As stated above some just want to replace stock with something nicer, why spend the extra and get into steering box bolts etc just for cosmetic mods. If/When your ready for frame tie-ins, you get those, or for others you make your own..

If you want well built, contact JCR.
If you want a back assward comment, read xjrbw's post.

xjrbw said:

You sir, are fucking clueless.

BS-Meter.gif

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
CanMan said:
Do you think they do?

Ive been having trouble with retreving my voice mails. Did you call Justin?

From what I have seen, yes their stuff is good. I just thought it was a funny thing for the guy working there to say.

And yes I talked to Justin, got the new glass in on monday, just before it started to pour. :party:

-Alex

NCjeepgirl83 said:
I've checked on ebay and on JCR's website, to no avail. I am looking for this particular front bumper for my XJ, but can't seem to find this exact one. I saved the pic from an old Ebay ad, they used to sell them on ebay a year or so ago, but I haven't seen them recently...

all I know is that I'm pretty sure it's made by JCR.

Wow sorry for my stupidity guys! I found what I believe to be it on ebay sold by JCR offroad...

This is our Stage 1 XJ front bumper with add on Single hoop (vertical).

Back