• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with gauges / sending units...

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to do all new gauges (Autometer or sim) but I dont know if I can use the feed to the stock gauges as sensor feeds to the gauges or not??

I have a 1990 with full gauges. But the gauge cluster is fubared and its a buggy, so new gauges would be easily fit, dash can be moded no prob.

SO can I use sensor feeds from the stock sensors for aftermarket gauges?

Anyone do even one or two gauges using stock sensors?

ROBERTK said:
Looking to do all new gauges (Autometer or sim) but I dont know if I can use the feed to the stock gauges as sensor feeds to the gauges or not??

I have a 1990 with full gauges. But the gauge cluster is fubared and its a buggy, so new gauges would be easily fit, dash can be moded no prob.

SO can I use sensor feeds from the stock sensors for aftermarket gauges?

Anyone do even one or two gauges using stock sensors?
I'll be getting into that next weekend but on the 91, we have mechanical gauges so I'll let you know how we do it when we get to that, we have oil press, oil temp, water temp, and trans temp gauges.

I would say probably not. I replaced the sending unit in my '96 ZJ with a mechanical gauge and it bolted right into where the stock sending unit belongs. I would say why do it once and have to do it again when you could just spend a little more time on it and do it the way Autometer wants you to do it.

Also, the gauges come with the sending units anyways. Just my .02.

Back