• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust clearance after SYE

sprngfldxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have discovered that after I took out my "Drop TC", I now have a 1/2" clearance between my muffler and the floor pan under the rear passenger.
Ideas?
I am also wanting to put a "Flex Pipe" where the crossover is under the bell housing.
Good Idea?

The cat is gonna be your biggest concern. Thats what gets really hot.

There is "heat shield" material under the carpet in the passanger rear floor to aid in that cat heat penetrating the cab.

I pushed my cat right up touching the floor board and drove with it like that for a bit and the carpet actually caught fire back there. Im not sure if a 1/2" of clearence is sufficient but i would just say to keep an eye on it on long drives.

As for the flex pipe, i dont think its needed.

I cut the cat off last year, so i dont have to worry about that!
I just didnt know about the flex pipe due to the "Brown Dog" motor mounts I put in whther it would hurt the exhaust man form taking all the stress?

Well if you have a newer manifold they do have a flex pipe per se built into the header which should absorb any stress.

I have currie motor mounts on mine and it does fine, and i dont have the newer style manifold either.

Are those mounts 1" lift mounts?

Back