• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking at buying an xj

alek21

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys im pretty new on here and i need some help with my decision. i have been looking at buying an xj for a while and came across an ad in craigslist. it is a 1999 with a rough country 5" lift kit(i know they arent the best lifts around but hey) and 31" mud terrains. he is asking 5k. your guys opinions would be great and i would really appreciate them. here is the link-

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/car/782768616.html

thank you, alek

welcome.
call paco and find out the deal! =) hows it run? any driveline issues? does it have a slip yoke eliminator? (it should, or else it WILL have driveline vibes, and it is a good indicator of build competancy)
rc isnt the best, but theyre doing better, however from the pics it doesnt APPEAR to have drop brackets for the front control arms, and at that height you really do need them... theyre not expensive, but you have to be prepaired to potentially spend some money on it.
Im sure theres a couple guys from out around pinion hills around here on NAXJA that might be able to help you check it out? or maybe even know the guy selling it?

ok cool thank you! i just called him. it does not have a sye, or the drop brackets. from what he says it runs great.. if i were to go look at it how much do you think i should offer? thank you, alek

its definately not worth $5k without a properly tuned suspension, and it doesnt appear that it does...
$3200 sounds good, just because its a 99....

dont let him pull the 'oh but it has $xxx worth of parts... '
cause that dont fly....lift parts dont raise the value unless its finely tuned.... AND COMPLETE!!

Something does not look right. Either those are not 31" tires, or Paco does not really have a 5" lift. Also, the rear sags a bit, making me believe it is an old tired AAL instead of the desired full leaf pack.

Caveat Emptor, my friend.

well i didnt end up getting that one.. but i found a different jeep that seems to be a pretty nice jeep. ive been watching it for a while and am pretty interested. it is a 96'. 4.0L. has a 3" pro comp lift and 31" tires. the body is in great condition and the guy says it runs like new.. i dont have the link because the ad ran out of time and was pulled off the listing. i want to go out there and look at it tonight with my uncle.. i was thinkin about offering 2500? what do you guys think? thank you! alek

rocknxj said:
Something does not look right. Either those are not 31" tires, or Paco does not really have a 5" lift. Also, the rear sags a bit, making me believe it is an old tired AAL instead of the desired full leaf pack.

Caveat Emptor, my friend.
or stock shackles

Back