• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grand seat swap questions

Screech

I drive a hatchback
Im going to be going to the jy this week to get some grand seats for my 98. I was wondering if they are power should i get the seat rails from the 98 country or limited that is there that has power seats to make the grand power seats work?

That seems to be the secret. Unless they have power recline. Evidently those seats will not work on the XJ power tracks. I guess the right ones have a lever for the recline like XJs do.

Having used the search feature and reading through a few threads you will find that WJ and ZJ Grand Cherokee seats will bolt onto the 1995.5-2001 XJ Cherokee seat base/floor slider (power or manual). If you want power seats in your Cherokee, you will need XJ Cherokee power seat bases to bolt you new seats onto. If you find a set of Grand seats with the power recline, you can wire that feature to a separate switch.

I see no reason why the power recline seats wouldn't fit the Cherokee seat bases, but my WJ seats in my 2000 don't have the power recline function, so I can't be 100% sure.

front seats should bolt onto the xj bases. as said above.

rear seats take a bit of work.

I had to make 1.5 inch spacers to mount the lower rear seats. you will also need to drill 8 holes in the lower seat bracket, and 2 holes in the floorpan for the rear-top of the seat. Will also have to fashion a middle bracket for the top of the rear seats. And lastly you will need to trim some of the plastic / foam from the seat bottoms so they fit in the wheel wells.

about an afternoons work to get them in.

13mm ratcheting wrench works wonders on the front seat bottoms. big time saver.

I got full power 01 WJ seats and they didn't just bolt in. I kept the old bases beacuse I wanted all the power options to work and I wanted to lower the seats a bit. From what I've seen the WJ seats will sit higher than the XJ ones. I wound up just cutting all the bracketry of and welding new stuff on that bolted up to the factory holes. The back can be a beotch. You need to trim a little of the seat bottom and jam the seats in there. I barely have people in the back but I love my 60/40 split.

I had read at least a hundred threads on grand seat swaps and I never found a definite answer on using xj power seat rails with grand seats to make the power options work. I figured it would but just wanted to ask.

Back