• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

all dash gauges are dead all of a sudden, help

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
ok about 6 mo ago my 1990 was abused hard and then put away. Today I went got it and started it then remembered the dash was dead. Checked all fuses under the dash. All seem good. Help.

scratch.gif
Did you pull the gauge panel and clean the connector???
scratch.gif

drifto77 said:
scratch.gif
Did you pull the gauge panel and clean the connector???
scratch.gif

Oh that's right the connector. ?? What is this connector? Is there one conn that if bad connection kills every gauge from working? Or would a fusable link be more probable? Is there one link that feeds the cluster?

lawsoncl said:
Bad ignition switch? Take a meter and check if you have power at the instrumentation fuse with the key on.
could not find a "instrumentation" fuse?

Rob make sure there is no corrosion on the big fat plug that goes into the back of your gauge cluster. they like to oxidize real bad when they just sit for awhile.

Yeah there's a big plug on the back that's corroded. I know mine is, every now and then all of my gauges will die and I reach through the steering wheel and punch the clear plastic in front of the gauge cluster and they come back. It may take a few hits and don't hit it hard enough to break the plastic, but that's a good way to test.

Last edited:
pulled the cluster and the plug and connectors looked perfect. I need a wiring scheme if anyones got one?

Oh and found a "gauges" fuse on the box rated 7.5a. 11.6v to it no prob and fuse looks fine. Is there a differs fuse also maybe?

Back