• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lower link rubbing discos

Stockton

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anyone had a way to fix annoying rubbing? I just installed a lift (re 6200) with re genII discos and am getting rubbing when I turn the wheel to the right. It is the lower link that is rubbing the pin of the disco. Did anyone else have this? And, if you did, how did you correct it? Another thing that is rubbing is my exhaust pipe is vibrating against my rear passenger leaf spring (it's a really nice rattle). I just need to spend some time and bend the bracket away from the leaf spring. If I can't get it bent, would it be a bad idea to take a sawzall and shorten the tailpipe to clear the leaf spring?

My disconnects were rubbing on some hardware, then I got tired of hooking/unhooking all the time. I tossed the whole swaybar, discos and all, to a buddy that was more of a street driver. I love my XJ with no sway bars.

If you drive the jeep to the trail leave the swaybar. I just went through the same deal (minus the rubbing sorry.) I would not like to swerve to avoid a deer/pearson/tree at any sort of speed. This is with a stock suspension. A firmer gettup would be less of a problem, but i dont recomend it.

Back