• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axel upgrade on 2000 4wd XJ

Stallacrew said:
I wouldn't care about my Jeep if I lived in Las Vegas. Sorry no help here.

wtf??

If you have a Dana 35 axle, then yes the right and left sides are different lengths. If you have a Chrysler 8.25, then no they are the same.

I have installed a Yukon axel in the left side,
================================
1: If the right side was also a Yukon axle? Contact the seller and/or Yukon themselves with your problem first. You maybe surprised by how much there know about the stuff they make and/or sell. SOMETIMES anyway.
If the seller/maker is worth a poop. They WANT to know about your problems too (IMO)_
2: The seller/maker will be a lot more forgiving IF you have installed the axles on the wrong side. Were as dudes like me will NEVER let you forget it. :)
Love
Badron

Last edited:
I had the same problem with my Yukon D60 front shafts, the drivers side went in just fine and the passanger would not fit without a hammer. Looks like a manufacturing flaw. I contacted the vendor I bought them through and they had Yukon send me out a new shaft. All I gota do is send the old one back.

JoesXJ said:
If you have ABS you have a Dana 35, if you dont then you have a Chrysler 8.25

The D35 was installed on the XJ Cherokee both with and without ABS brakes.

Have you visually inspected the splines on both axles?
Have you measured them both for any differences?
Have you tried installing the shafts on opposite sides?

Just a few things to try

jeep on

Back