• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Performance Trans Fluid

FordGuy

NAXJA Forum User
After trying to figure out what really is the best Auto Trans fluid , I found it! Sweptco 71420. I paid $32.99 per gallon thru Kartek Off-road. It is the fluid used by most of the trans builders for Off-road race cars, and off-shore race boats it is way more durable then anything available off the shelf. I have had it in my XJ for a little while and could not be happier with the way it shifts and it does not change no matter how hot it gets. I spoke to a great guy who builds Race transmissions for the Jeep-speed guys, I was concerned with Sweptcos compatibility with Mercon, which he assured me a small amount mixed will not hurt anything. He instructed me to just remove a cooler line and install a clear piece of tubing from the cooler line into a 5 gal container. Drain the pan, pour in a gallon of the Swpetco, start it up, as soon as you see bubbles in the lines, turn it off, pour in another gal, repeat again, then on gal number three, only run it about half the time as the first, top up which took about three quarters of the 4th gallon, good to go.

Back