• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The second American Revolution (video)

I like it, but the very thing he is talking about, is PERFECTLY portrayed in the moronic comments left by the viewers. Unfortunately I feel the only people who probably DID pick up the phone and maybe make a statement, after waiting through 10 different automated directions in spanish AND english, are the elder people who really do give 2 craps about this place. All these little teeny boppers responding to what he said, only had comments towards what he was wearing, and that HE doesnt have facts right. Sick sad world and country we are living in..thanks for sharing

Smacks of facism and isolationism...and pretty silly. Sure, take heed...

Facism defined: Fascism is a term used to describe authoritarian nationalist political ideologies or mass movements that are concerned with notions of cultural decline or decadence and seek to achieve a millenarian national rebirth by exalting the nation or race, and promoting cults of unity, strength and purity.

Isolationism defined: Isolationism is a foreign policy which combines a non-interventionist military policy and a political policy of economic nationalism (protectionism). In other words, it asserts both of the following:

Non-interventionism – Political rulers should avoid entangling alliances with other nations and avoid all wars not related to direct territorial self-defense.
Protectionism – There should be legal barriers to control trade and cultural exchange with people in other states.

Last edited:
Thought provoking.

I don't believe we can disconnect ourselves from our history, or the principals that our nations was founded on.

Other random thoughts:

You can't say what you think if it might offend any race, creed, color, or disability. You can't do what you want if it may offend the same. To do either is to be brought up on a hate crime charge. Whatever happened to this "Freedom of Speach" that the liberals are always bandishing about as a shield for their own restrictive speach? Are we living the Orwellean experience?

It's interesting how the generation who did what they wanted in the name of Freedom, is taking ours away.

Big headline in yesterdays Wisconsin State Urinal. "Lesbians Separated by Immigration Laws". Exactly why is that an issue when Hetro Sexual couples are separated by Immigration Law? You will never see the headline "Heterosexual Couple Separated by Immigration Law", it's not controversial enough.

The thought above on older voters. In my personal experience, it is the older folks, and the younger folks who are making the decissions. The younger because of a sense of idealism, the older folks because they have lived a majority of their lives and have seen the progression from total freedom to what remains of it.

Just a thought, but American is a bastard language, a combination of many others. If I get what he is proposing, he wants to cut off any more input.

Try a little exercise, take a foreign word, and then look at the American translation. Many of them are hard to translate and/or require a long list of synonyms in English. Simpatico; genial, like minded, easy going, all miss the mark. Understanding is likely closer, empathy maybe.
I think similar goals are what bring people together, not a common language.
Music is actually a language, a fairly universal language. I propose we only play American music.
Those types are always either/or, what the heck is wrong with multilingual?
People forget, at the time of the Declaration of Independence, it was almost written in German.
Many of the founding fathers spoke German or French as well as English.

8Mud said:
Just a thought, but American is a bastard language, a combination of many others. If I get what he is proposing, he wants to cut off any more input.

Try a little exercise, take a foreign word, and then look at the American translation. Many of them are hard to translate and/or require a long list of synonyms in English. Simpatico; genial, like minded, easy going, all miss the mark. Understanding is likely closer, empathy maybe.
I think similar goals are what bring people together, not a common language.
Music is actually a language, a fairly universal language. I propose we only play American music.
Those types are always either/or, what the heck is wrong with multilingual?
People forget, at the time of the Declaration of Independence, it was almost written in German.
Many of the founding fathers spoke German or French as well as English.

I believe you missed the entire point of the video.
It's not about language, though that is one point he made.
It is not about mult-culturalism, though that is one point he made.

The American experience was never about setting yourself separate (except for the Mormons and the Dutch Puritains), but a blending of people who call themselves American.
Not Afro-American, or German-American, or Mexican-American, but just plain American. In this country we have long celebrated our different cultures, but only in the last 30 years have we begun to separate ourselves into factions. Perhaps I should start calling myself German-Irish-American and I'm sure that in this area anyway, I could find some people of like ethnicity, but that would be stupid, I am just an American, and always will be.

Also, he stresses that this country was based on a religious principle, and that should not be thrown away, and I agree with him.

He also argues that the Congress was vested with the responsibility to make laws, not the Judicial, and that We are the check and balance of the Congress. If Congress makes and imoral law, it is up to us to let them know in no uncertain terms that this law will not stand.

Last edited:
Zuki-Ron said:

The American experience was never about setting yourself separate (except for the Mormons and the Dutch Puritains), but a blending of people who call themselves American.
Not Afro-American, or German-American, or Mexican-American, but just plain American. In this country we have long celebrated our different cultures, but only in the last 30 years have we begun to separate ourselves into factions. Perhaps I should start calling myself German-Irish-American and I'm sure that in this area anyway, I could find some people of like ethnicity, but that would be stupid, I am just an American, and always will be.

Also, he stresses that this country was based on a religious principle, and that should not be thrown away, and I agree with him.

He also argues that the Congress was vested with the responsibility to make laws, not the Judicial, and that We are the check and balance of the Congress. If Congress makes and imoral law, it is up to us to let them know in no uncertain terms that this law will not stand.

I didn't miss the entire point :) but did dissect what he was saying a bit.

No argument about congress. No argument about our government being based largely on Christian principles.

Some argument about American as being anything but a coalition of regionally deverse peoples (more so thirty years ago), rather than ethnically diverse.

IMO much of the trouble, is the US may be becoming too homogeneous and the regional diversities are being lost and ethnic and other factors being brought to the forefront. Less Federation and more centralized.
It used to be, being a Westerner was more important than what your ethnicity was. Just an observation.

Something that has been bothering me more and more is the lifestyle and ethnic special interests lobbying to get laws passed to benefit there special needs, often at the expense of the majority.
"We the people" is being pecked to death.

Zuki-Ron said:

-I think he wanted us to stop catering to people speaking Spanish. He used utility bills as an example. Funny thing about that: Its more a result of capitalism than being PC. If your customers can't speak english then they can't read the bill and won't pay it because they don't know what it is. So it is in a utility companies best interest to put out both Spanish and English bills if they serve a Spanish speaking area.

-It's the ongoing battle between the concept of the melting pot vs. multiculturalism. Whether you recognize it or not, your familial history is part of your identity. I'm of Irish heritage, and we still have our family crest that has been passed down from generation to generation and still recognize it to this day. Does that make me Irish? No. Does that mean I'm not American? Nope. This whole Irish-American, African-American, and so on are just labels meant to differientiate one group from anther. It doesn't really offend me but I'm not all for it either.

-We derive many of our laws from the British. They had a state sponsored religion and that is one of the things that the Founding Fathers wanted to change. It is not the role of the government to prop up one religion or it's beliefs over another. They are supposed to be rational and use logic to reach their conclusions, taking into account only the laws, Constitution, and judicial precedence. Religious beliefs were never part of the equation. Were they part of the formation of British law? Yes, but the Founding Fathers practiced a Plato style philosophical approach to lawmaking. They wanted to reach the ABSOLUTE truth using logic and reason through debate.

-Uh, yes the Congress is supposed to draft and pass laws. We the People are not their check. We vote as a sort of performance review. Simplistically, if they suck at their job, we get someone else. Thats a representative democracy. If Congress makes a law and the President signs it, and the law turns out to be immoral IT IS the job of the Judicial Branch to review and pass judgement on it. Brown vs The Board of Education come to mind? No, it is not the job of the judiciary to make laws. The reason we have appeals is so when the 9th Circuit goes skitzo the SC can bring them back down to earth.

Somebody needs to tell the old man to quit his bitching. Times are changing, get used to it. America has always been a place for people to come for a better life. Is he native american? Hells no, his ancestors did the same thing as the immigrants now. Yes, they may be illegal immigrants now, but lets not kid ourselves, they aren't going anywhere and they take care of our dirty work.

I think its pretty ignorant to say that everybody needs to speak one language and have one culture. America doesn't have one main culture, its a tossed salad of cultures and ethnicities. Look over at Europe, so many people in Europe speak 3 or 4 or 5 languages and are happy to do it, yet us here complain that not everybody speaks our one language? Go out and learn another language! You'll be helping yourself, so many countries speak spanish as their main language, so if you learn spanish and english, youll be able to talk to damn near half of the globe.

This old man needs to get off his rocker and go out and see the world. NO country is ONLY that one main culture anymore, with intercontenental travel being so easy nowadays the whole world is mixed and matched and its NOT going to change.

The Germans had a group of people come in who would do the jobs that the Germans didn't want to do. Now they're elbow deep in Turks. You may not hear much about it, but Germany has high unemployment and is elbow deep in Turks and they resent it.

igotanxj said:
I think its pretty ignorant to say that everybody needs to speak one language and have one culture. America doesn't have one main culture, its a tossed salad of cultures and ethnicities. Look over at Europe, so many people in Europe speak 3 or 4 or 5 languages and are happy to do it, yet us here complain that not everybody speaks our one language? Go out and learn another language! You'll be helping yourself, so many countries speak spanish as their main language, so if you learn spanish and english, youll be able to talk to damn near half of the globe.

So why don't the people immigrating to the U.S. have to buck up and learn another language (English)? What makes them so damn special?

Sure, they're happy to learn more languages in Europe. Nice for them. We're not in Europe. We don't have to do it their way (if we did, we'd probably still be subjects of the British Crown).

What has the guy in that video so revved up (among other things) is not that these people speak other languages, it's that those people move into this country and REFUSE to learn English or assimilate. Nobody has asked them to stop speaking any language or embracing their ancestral culture. We have asked that they make an effort to embrace our language and culture in addition to their own. In respose, we've gotten little more than a kick in the nuts and an upraised central manual digit.

bushwacked said:
I think he wanted us to stop catering to people speaking Spanish. He used utility bills as an example. Funny thing about that: Its more a result of capitalism than being PC. If your customers can't speak english then they can't read the bill and won't pay it because they don't know what it is. So it is in a utility companies best interest to put out both Spanish and English bills if they serve a Spanish speaking area.
Actually the whole ESL issue was started at the Federal level. The companies have been forced to hire interpreters, print documents in more than one language, etc by lobby groups like Centro Hispano who theaten them with lawsuits if they are not given special treatment. There really is no incentive to learn American (technically a different dialect than "english"), and thus no coming together. Imigrants have been having language issues since before this country was a country, it is part of the American experience. Our schools in Madison teach, at the Elementary level, American, Mexican, and Laotian. Because of our need to cater to all these different groups, our schools have to hire language experts to cover all these contingencies.
bushwacked said:
This whole Irish-American, African-American, and so on are just labels meant to differientiate one group from anther. It doesn't really offend me but I'm not all for it either.
Well, true, but I believe we are getting too caught up in this "save/resurect my culture" thing, and separating along culture lines because of it.
bushwacker said:
Religious beliefs were never part of the equation. Were they part of the formation of British law? Yes, but the Founding Fathers practiced a Plato style philosophical approach to lawmaking. They wanted to reach the ABSOLUTE truth using logic and reason through debate.
No, religious believes, and respect for others religious beliefs were an intrigal part of the formation of this country. That they should believe that certain freedoms were granted by their creator is certainly proof that they were not athiests.
bushwacked said:
-Uh, yes the Congress is supposed to draft and pass laws. We the People are not their check. We vote as a sort of performance review. Simplistically, if they suck at their job, we get someone else. Thats a representative democracy. If Congress makes a law and the President signs it, and the law turns out to be immoral IT IS the job of the Judicial Branch to review and pass judgement on it. Brown vs The Board of Education come to mind? No, it is not the job of the judiciary to make laws. The reason we have appeals is so when the 9th Circuit goes skitzo the SC can bring them back down to earth.
The three branches are meant to be checks on one another, but we are the check and balance of all of them. To believe that you have no control over Congress other than the election process is ignorance of the process. The simple idea of Representation, is a two way street. We tell them what position to take, and if we give them no idea, they do what they want. If a law is imoral, even if the President signs it, if enough of the Congress gets behind a bill to repeal or change that law, it can be done. The Judicial branch usually does not get involved unless a case if filed, and it works it's way up to the Supreme Court.

Examine your example, Brown VS the BOE was a State case which went National, and nothing to do with Congress or the Executive branches. It was also a policy issue, and not a law.

8MUD said:
Something that has been bothering me more and more is the lifestyle and ethnic special interests lobbying to get laws passed to benefit there special needs, often at the expense of the majority. "We the people" is being pecked to death

Absolutely, and from my point of view, I believe that is the point of the video. We are spending so much time catering to the special interest groups, that what makes us Americans is getting diluted to the point where it won't matter anymore. We will become a nation of separtists with no comon goal. When that happens, we will go the way of the Roman Empire, picked apart by our enemys.

Last edited:
LA just passed a law that the home centers have to build 'waiting areas complete with bathrooms' for illegal day laborers. If I was home depot I'd do that and also provide an office for ICE agents :D :D :D

RichP said:
LA just passed a law that the home centers have to build 'waiting areas complete with bathrooms' for illegal day laborers. If I was home depot I'd do that and also provide an office for ICE agents :D :D :D

I didn't hear about that.

I'm really suprised, all that "low hanging fruit", and no INS Officers to pick it.

I know, bad joke, STFU Ron :doh:

Back