• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

86 waggy

Nuke Proof

NAXJA Forum User
At least I think the waggy is the model with the four headlights and the woodgrain.

Anyway, I have a chance to buy a four door for about 300-400 dollars. If I buy it, it will be only for parts (I personally only want the interior and the front end.). Is there anything else worth the hassel on this thing?

I know the motor (2.8L) is a boat anchor and the Aisin AX5 is albeit usable, but it's not that great. I know nothing about the NP 207. I believe there is a thread around here somewhere :dunno: about the indestructible and venerable dana 35, so I don't need any info on that. Is the HP 30 a disco or not?

thanks

I dont know really what to say...
Some people really like the wagoneers ... to the point to where they would be pissed if you didnt do something with it. Similar to how alot of people feel about the grand wagoneer.

Anyway to answer your question about the D30, its more likely than not a disco (you didnt state the year)... but it would be really easy to check by taking a lookie loo on the passenger side of the axle.

Last edited:
aesthetic things like trim and bezels may be worth something, and you can sell the ax-5, but I can't think of anything else that would sell that well... if you have a d35 in yours still, you can quickly swap it out for the non c-clip one in the 86, otherwise it probably wont sell either...

207 might sell, but most people opt for the 231 due to its' stronger gears and large aftermarket. The 207, though, does have a larger chain, and a longer slip yoke, so is less likely to need an SYE (note: no SYE's, that I know of, have been made for it anyways).

um... you might get your money's worth from it, but only do it if you're confident you can!

I was looking at it for spare parts, like maybe if I cave in a door or I need a rust repair panel. Also, since I am planning on using the 35 for a little while I was going to use it for parts as well. That brings up another question.

Are the 35 axles the same from pass to driver?

Thanks

Well I went to look at it yesterday. Wow this guy had no idea what was in his back yard.

1. It's not a wagoneer-he thought the marker lights were headlights and the grill is MIA
2. It's a two door-he thought the rear door made it a four door:huh:
3. It has a four cylinder, not the V6-not bad but just more BS
4. "It ran when it was parked three years ago."-it's a basket case, radiator's in the front seat, the entire front of the motor has been taken off.
5. "The body is in good shape."-wrong, his kids shot at it with a BB gun and took turns hitting it with a bat.

So I will be passing this one up. Oh and his original price went up to $800 :eek:

Back