• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ac delete

maybe2fast

NAXJA Forum User
my ac clutch is locked up on my 90 cherokee 4.0. wondering if any one knows if i can put a shorter belt on so i can just cut out a/c completly. or any other ideas.

Some 87/90 4.0 Cherokees came with a factory A/C delete pulley. Find one in a wrecking yard or elsewhere, they are fairly common. You cannot use a shorter belt, the alternator & water pump will run backwards. I've been there, done that, it will not work.

I got a Renix AC delete pully off of a member here. I looked at the junk yards, and could not find a I6 without AC anywhere.

Defiantly cleaned a lot of the clutter out of the engine bay which was a nice thing to do.

I found the ac delete bracket for the renix eng. at whites racing products.
Type in the number 53002904 and it will pop up. the one I ordered will be here next week and I think they have more.

:cheers: on board air,i.e. an A/C compresser converted for use as an air compresser. Awesome if you wheel or need air tools for roadside repair.

Might be kind of hard for him to do that if his A/C clutch is locked up. :laugh:

OP: Check RockAuto.com, they sell the A/C delete pullies, I bought one for my 2000 when I found out the previous owner took most of the A/C system out. :confused1

25297d1309921005-intruder-recall-zombie-thread.jpg

Back