• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil under distributor cap

justwannawheel

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 87 xj 4.0L. I have replaced to distributor gasket and I still get oil under the cap. This is creating a huge miss. The motor runs fantastic when the cap is clean, bu it only takes a few minutes of driving for the oil to get up in.

Any help would be great.

Oh yeah, when I replaced the gasket. the kit came with a tiny seal that I couldn't find the location for. when I called the dealer they said that my motor didn't need the seal. So i never continued to search for it's location.

I'm am at a loss with this, so if anyone has any ideas or a fix fo my problem. let me know .

thanx

:flamemad: :banghead: :banghead: :gonnablow

I have an 88 that has this problem. About every 2 months it accumulates enough to cause running concerns on mine. Then I just clean it out and go about my biz. From what I understand its from excessive crank case pressure. I am going to pull my valve cover off this week and do a complete cvc system clean. That should fix it. Try to eliminate some of the pressure.

Back