• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new control arm issue....

jeepxj91'

NAXJA Forum User
i just made some fixed control arms. i got the left hand side control arm on fine but i can't seem to line up the other side with the bolt holes. ive tried putting the arm to the body first then trying to line the bolt hole up on the axel but it doesn't seem to help both ways. help would be great. thanks

what I find works best is to attach a strap to the axle (side you are trying to line up) and pull it away from the bracket. I use my ATV to do this but you can use a ratchet strap to a fixed point to position it so the holes line up. Also a floor jack to manouvre the axle around up and down is a good bet too.

i found that putting in the bottom bolt first helps too, and don't tighten one bolt till the other is in.

:spin1: A Porta-Power ram or a cable jack works well. Leave the front wheels on the ground so the front end will roll. Put jack stands under the crossmember. Do one arm at a time & it's much easier that way.

well i finally got the control arm project done here are some of the finishing shots....

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

:(

dude. please dont do that. your life is at stake, along with anyone else unfortunate enough to be ont he same road as you. that thing is going to rip wide open at the cut you put in it, i dont care how much you weld on it. that is the weakest point by far.

Who deleted my post like a fawktard... the kids needs to know...

i agree with everyone else, but at the same time i think it looks like he put box tubing inside the u the whole length of the arm, and welded the crap out of that. still sketchy as fawk though. look for a used pair of longer lca's for 40 bucks and save yourself the risk.

TRNDRVR said:
Holy shit.......Looks like some XJGuy engineering.

Damn dude, step away from the bong.
or spend more time with it, so you lose motivation to do this again :cheers:

schedule 40 would be just as strong.

I think zacsquatch said it right the first time.

I'm going to save myself the trouble of deleting my post and simply ask you nicely to burn your jeep.

please.

:nono: Pretty scary what a guy'll do to save a couple of bucks. Drop brackets, control arms, that stuff is out there used & cheap or even better NEW! and inexpensive. You came here for advice,TAKE IT!

Back