• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

passenger side drop xfer case

llvllaximus

NAXJA Forum User
ok i know this is not the correct spot for this, but the people in OEM have not replied since may....they havent replied at all! Ok so i have a 96 sport with 4.0. I have a set of fancy dana 60's crying to get under there. I need a xfer case to bolt right up to the aw4 and turn the puppies....maybe dana 300? Maybe you guys can help me out.I waited 3 months so no trying to flame pls.

Take the 231 you have and make a doubler out of it. Then mat a 300 to that. Its a 1/2" shorter then your stock case. You will get a 7.8:1 low and you can do front digs. you could just ran a 300 but what the fun in that

Yeah, you can do that.

Expect significant re-working of the passenger side seat mount, trans tunnel, exhaust, and a bunch of other crap. Here's how mine runs.

DSC01617.JPG

Good luck!

vetteboy said:
Yeah, you can do that.

Expect significant re-working of the passenger side seat mount, trans tunnel, exhaust, and a bunch of other crap. Here's how mine runs.

Good luck!

strip the 60 down to the inner c's and take it to a shop and tell them to swap the tubes from one side to the other and youll have a lp drivers drop d60 without having to go through all of what vetteboy listed. you can also have them rotate the pinion at the same time, i could be wrong though but with 3 months waiting you could have searched here or pirate4x4.com and found your answers in a couple hrs or couple days.

good luck

Back