• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

installing new wheel studs

1988cherokeexj

NAXJA Forum User
so how do i do this i am trying to get the new ones to seat in and they wont i am using spacers and the lug to try to tighten them into place but they wont go in, any one have any tips for this

I've heard of that method, but I've never used it. I have always pulled the axle and used a press. But that is the harder and more expensive way.

Back to the orginal, how much torque are putting on the lug nut and are you using open nuts or the chrome closed in ones. If you are using the closed style, the stud might be bottoming out.

When I converted from rear drum brakes to disc brakes I needed to install longer studs and purchased some grade 8 studs.... along with grade 8 lug nuts...
I applied a small film of grease to the splines, stacked several washers on the studs and then tightened down the lug nuts to pull the studs into the holes....
Using Grade 8 studs and lug nuts stops the threads from being stripped or pulled out.....

Back