• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D60s under your XJ

Theyre axles, theyre beefy, what more do you want to know?

id do 2.5 tons
happyfinger.gif

bigpimpinben said:
would rockwells break an xj? would it bend the unibody?
I wouldnt worry too mucha bout the weight of the axle itself being an issue, itd more or less be the weight from whats attached to the end of it that is going to cause some tacoage.

There are several folks on this board with paired 60's, and many more on other boards ;).

There are certainly some challenges, etc.

I run a 60/14 bolt setup and it works great. I only have 36's right now but 39's are in the future. To me the challenges of running these axles would be the same as transplanting in a 44/9" or any other similar combo.

A guy in our club has ProRock Dana 60's under his and his does fine. He is running 36 or 37" Trepadors. As long as you beef up the unibody alittle bit because of the extra torque and all that you will apply with heavier axles you will be fine.

In addtion to the unibody, there are also clearance issues such as exhaust, control arms, etc.

Another issue I had was pumpkin clearance on a 4.5" lift. I bumped it up to 6" which provided the needed clearance.

xj4fun said:
In addtion to the unibody, there are also clearance issues such as exhaust, control arms, etc.
Yeah its a bitch fitting 60s around a set of control arms....

JiveTurkey said:
THANX to the people who had real answers and the rest of ya... :moon:
Search is a real answer. There's people here with em and they've done writeups.

Back