• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sources needed for A/C Evap for 2001

mlefoley

NAXJA Forum User
Just had it charged 3 weeks ago and it's back to minimal cooling. Shop did a light test and didn't find any dye traces forward of the firewall so it sounds like the evaporator. Thanks to a couple of posts and the FSM, decided to attack this. Took a couple of hours to get all the stuff off that has to come off and still be able to drive to the shop to have the remaining freon removed. If they take out all they put in, I'm barking up the wrong tree. Looks pretty straightforward..nothing like my 95 850 turbo-wagon which I let the dealer handle. What is a good source for a replacement unit and are there any preferred "brands" which may be better than others? The dealer wants $400 for an oem and about 1/2 that for their "Value Line Replacement". While I don't want to pay an exorbitant price, I'm more concerned about quality and durability vs cost. Is there anything else I should replace (Drier?) while I'm doing this?

Thanks

MikeL

2001 Solar Yellow 2 door

I picked up mine from RockAuto. $94 for the Four Seasons evap core. Don't know about the quality but it seems pretty solid. We'll see for sure when I charge it up....hopefully it lasts longer than three weeks...

Back