• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Acceleration Issue??

XJbeachjeep

NAXJA Forum User
My 1995 Crk Country 4.0 195000 miles was given the SeaFoam treatment a week ago now when you give it gas it bogs down and gos no where. If you feather the gas it will get up to speed but if you let off or floor it it will bog down like its getting no fuel?? It will idle fine and it seems to be worse when you come out of turns and start to accelerate.
brickwall.gif
thumbdown.gif

You might check the catalytic converter, I had similar problems once and it turned out to be a chunk of the honeycomb blocking the exhaust. Just bang on the cat and see if anything rattles.

It's probably the cat like ewhood said.

But you could have also knocked loose a piece of carbon in one or more of your cylinders that hasn't been broken down enough to get blown out the exhaust. Pieces of carbon in the combustion chambers can get (and stay) very hot and cause detonation (the rattleing you hear).

Run higher octane.

Truns out that my nephews girlfriends picture was covering the Gas gauge on E w/light on. It seems 4ozs of gas in the tanks makes a jeep run bad. Dont I feel like an ass.

Back