• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Renix No-Start (Hurray!)

k.smith904

NAXJA Forum User
87 XJ AX-15, 4.0L out of a 93

Changed all filters, polished grounds, got a brand new optima battery, cleaned out every damn sensor i could fine, and tried to clean out as much of the engine bay as I could before the sun went down.

When I try to crank it, the engine will sputter and die out. This happened about 2 weeks ago, so I had my buddy tow it to my house, and once I changed out the oil, oil filter, and air filter, it started up fine. Drove it around the block and everything seemed to be in order. I came outside the next morning, and the same problem all over again. I'm under the impression its gotta be something loose, or my grounds screwing me up. Its been a few weeks and I'm running out of ideas (this is my first xj), anybody have any ideas or should I just take it to a jeep dealership and have them do a diagnostic for me?

On a side note I painted my wheels and it looks good:yelclap:

Back