• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 link's with hard joints axle and frame side!

builder

NAXJA Forum User
My question is noise level with 3 links and all hard joints..ie RE / JJ / quality heims vs 3 links with rubber frame side and hard joints axle side ? just trying to gauge the difference...thanks

it's a lifted Jeep with big tires.... it's already loud. keep them greased and check the bushings regularly and you should be fine.

jwtrapper said:
I thought it was hard frame and rubber axle.

that can differ depending on what kit you buy i guess.. everything i've bought/built runs rubber on the frame if you have it with exception of the uppers. in reality unless you are doing RTI competitons as a sole purpose running rubber on the frame end will keep cost and maintenance lower. they arent going to restrict you any measurable amount.

It's a 3 link ! example... RK 3 links use rubber on lca's frame side krawler axle .. top link uses krawler ' ie' hard join both sides.. you are thinkin 4 link . have rubber axle side..thinkin on goin to jj's instead...just wanted to know if they are a lot louder than rubber frame side on a 3 link is all ! wheres goatman when you need his input..he ran 3 link with hard joints on all links!

builder said:
It's a 3 link ! example... RK 3 links use rubber on lca's frame side krawler axle .. top link uses krawler ' ie' hard join both sides.. you are thinkin 4 link . have rubber axle side..thinkin on goin to jj's instead...just wanted to know if they are a lot louder than rubber frame side on a 3 link is all ! wheres goatman when you need his input..he ran 3 link with hard joints on all links!

whats with the 'tude??? at what point did anyone give you bad info? run what you think will work for you.

fuggin relax.... :cheers:

I run one with flex joints all around, its no dd and cut up, but it isnt louder than anything else, rides good too.

I'm all about function > form though, so what might be acceptable to me might not be so for you. Even if I was dd'ing it, I'd still do it.

Back