• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I Hate You Stage 2! You ruined my brakes!

xcm

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so i have a weird side effect thats becoming one of a few problems remaining from stage 1.9 of my mj build...

the brake system is a pretty stock mj setup, except for CV rear disc brakes on the d44, the rear MJ SPECIFIC prop valve has been temp jury rigged with tie wire, disconnected from the axle, and supported at the 3'oclock position...

Brakes are normal.... nothing to write home about. BUT put it in reverse.... until you shift back into a foward gear, the pedal goes to the floor...
but a couple seconds later, after youve driven foward, it goes away...

this became a PROBLEM when backing down a trail a couple days ago... and having nothing to stop the truck, pumping the brakes seems to help while in Reverse... but...

any ideas?

It sounds pretty odd honestly lol i know you didn't want to hear that. I could understand this happenin with rear drums maybe as they only self engergize in forward and are not as strong in reverse.

I would for sure un rig your prop valve. We did this on a friends of mines MJ and it works fine. Used an XJ prop valve up front and plumbed around the MJ rear valve.

JeepFreak21 said:
How's it act when the engine is not running?
Billy
in regards to the brakes? i'll have to check...

bluecuda: do you happen to remember the sizes, or what kinda adapter you used?? brake plumbing is not my forte

Nope don't remember a thing lol. I just know we used an XJ valve up front and plumbed around the MJ rear prop valve.

You might try tying the MJ valve all the way up so that it applies the most force, would be worth a shot.

Back