• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How hard to install new CA bushings?

Magus2727

NAXJA Forum User
So I got a set of new bushings for my stock control arms. And it talks about replacing or reusing the outer shell. the kit did not come with new ones so I am going to be using the stock ones.

In asking about installing them I hear the best way is to drill a hole in the rubber bushings and the it will "slide" out (at least better). Do I need to do anything to the facotry "shells" to prep them for the new bushings?

Does any one know of a write up on replacing the bushings?

All factory bushings come in the shell,havent a clue what you bought?

these are the Daystar Poly bushings...

:cheers: It's a pita- the rubber is bonded to the steel shell. I used a ball joint tool with a 1" socket on the pressing end to push it through the shell. It seemed to go easier with the steel sleeve out. I've heard of using a torch to soften the rubber but haven't done it that way myself. I just put lcas in a ZJ and the bushings were so bad the rubber fell out of the shells, so it can go easy once in a while.Of course we were installing new control arms so it didn't help us out. You need to clean the the shells to bare metal inside, before you install the new bushings.

Magus2727 said:
these are the Daystar Poly bushings...
Return them and buy stockers,poly sucks!

Back