• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Turn signal issue

Method

NAXJA Forum User
I want to thank you all for some great info... it wasnt until I found your site that I finally found out where the flasher solenoid is.... because mine isnt clicking at all.... unfortunately it didnt fix my problem... so heres what I have:

I have a '00 xj sport where the signals and the hazards do not work at all. It started out on one side where the light would stay on and not flash, then it jumped to the other side, then both sides would just stay lit. Then the coup de gras (or however you spell it) was when they just stopped working altogether... no lights or anything. Like I said, Ive changed the flasher solenoid, still nothing. None of the fuses connected with turn signals or flashers are burnt out... Im thinking my next stab in the dark could be trying to change out some bulbs... any other ideas? Im pretty sure this isnt a wiring issue the way its been behaving... are there any other replaceable units besides sockets and bulbs to the flasher/hazard system?

Oh yeah and this is my first post... new here... Live in spokane wa. Ive had my cherokee for 3 years now

It could be just the turn signal lever. When I purchased my old 1990 Comanche I had the same issue. What it ended up being was that the previous owner had slapped in a steering column from a 1993 (1990 was renix, 1993 wasn't) so none of the connectors matched up right. I ended up replacing the turn signal lever completely and it fixed my issue. Just an idea.

I want to thank you all for some great info... it wasnt until I found your site that I finally found out where the flasher solenoid is.... because mine isnt clicking at all.... unfortunately it didnt fix my problem... so heres what I have:

I have a '00 xj sport where the signals and the hazards do not work at all. It started out on one side where the light would stay on and not flash, then it jumped to the other side, then both sides would just stay lit. Then the coup de gras (or however you spell it) was when they just stopped working altogether... no lights or anything. Like I said, Ive changed the flasher solenoid, still nothing. None of the fuses connected with turn signals or flashers are burnt out... Im thinking my next stab in the dark could be trying to change out some bulbs... any other ideas? Im pretty sure this isnt a wiring issue the way its been behaving... are there any other replaceable units besides sockets and bulbs to the flasher/hazard system?

Oh yeah and this is my first post... new here... Live in spokane wa. Ive had my cherokee for 3 years now

Method, did you figure out what the problem was? My 2001 is having the same issue.

Any update, I'm having issues on my '00 where they sometimes flash and then will stop, sometimes they are fine. Lights work, I haven't swapped my flasher out yet.

Any update, I'm having issues on my '00 where they sometimes flash and then will stop, sometimes they are fine. Lights work, I haven't swapped my flasher out yet.

X2 for me
Mine has been doing the stop flashing for a few years, and i've about given up hope.. I changed the lever/tun/high beam switch twice, to no avail. I've noticed it only happens when the motor is warmed up, and even that isn't consistent. So no patterns here. I just sit at the light pulling the lever up and down and keep rhythm with my music :guitar:

Back