• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to add another inch..Questions.

leadnbrass

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I'm running a 3" Skyjacker setup. I'm thinking of adding another 1-1.5" to it. Wondering how to do it. Do I need to install a new 4" lift or can I add an inch to my present setup???

Also I currently have a TC drop (1") if I go into the 4"area can I still use the drop or will I need a SYE? I have no drive line issues with my setup now, 31" tires.

If I need the SYE what am I looking at as far as shop hours for the install???

Thanks

Coil spring spacers come in several sizes and can be stacked together in reasonable numbers.

Longer lift shackles will do the rear. IronRock Off Road has 1" shackles and many other have 1.75-2 " shackles.

An SYE is a good idea and will reduce the stress on your driveline from the extreme angles of the u-joints.

What year model?

If you still have the factory shackles then you can add a 1 or 1.5" coil spacer and a 1 or 1.5" shackle to gain your extra lift. Try the lift first and see if you get any vibes. If you do see if you can shim the rear 1 or 2* if you are not ready to put on an SYE. If adding the SYE is not a big deal, then have it done and get rid of the TC drop. I think you are looking at around 4 to 5 hours shop time for the SYE conversion. Add anther hour if you are going to have the shop remove the TC drop as well (it should be removed anyways when you add an SYE).

I have a Rough Country 4.5 inch lift with the included 1" transfer drop on my 1994 and I have not had any vibrations from my rear driveshaft. No SYE installed.

Muad'Dib said:
The title of this thread is hillatious ... sorry i couldnt resist posting that :D
beat me to it. MEET BOB.....

Back