• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dome light stuck on and power lock mode wont work

bobzim

NAXJA Forum User
i check all the switches and they all work im guessin there is a short somehwere in the system but where to look im lost. when i unplugged the top dome light in the front and plugged it back in the doors locked or unlocked now could this all be tied into a faulty drivers side window and lock control. also the unlock mode works but the lock mode does not. does anyone know the link on how to take apart and clean the controls i found it once and cant seem to find it again.

The lock switches and the dome lights use the same fuse, so I'm guessing there is a problem with the shared ground.

The lock and unlock actuators have independent relays so you might try swapping them. I doubt it will do anything, since something thinks that the "lock" switch is being held down.

I would disconnect the two front doors separately and see if that allows unlock to work, then start tracing ground to the fuse.

x2 on the ground, check the connection for signs of burnt plug, or where it has gottend hot, i have seen the plugs melt and cause the wires to bleed together, also check the loom between the door and the fender, the wires inside can get pinched

the driver side plug and switch all looked fine tomorrow il have to check pasenger side. but the power locks work when the car is off both lock and unlock work then once i turn the key to on or start it then the unlock only works. ill defintly check the boot coming off the door because in the past the speaker wires shorted out from running on the metal so probably did the same to more wires. Thanks for the help.

Any updates on this? Mine started this mess Sunday, but my locks still worked...I've since unplugged the dome and cargo lights and would like to get them back in working order...

my problem was located behind the passenger side rear panel the one wit the big indent in it. once you get that off there is a plug running to the rear speakers and dome lights and the yellow wire on that plug was shorting out or grounding it out so that it seems a door is open to cause the lights to stay on. also if u didnt check the door switches you can remove them all so not in contact with any metal to ground it and if lights still stuck on its not the switches. let me know if this helps ya. what year is your jeep?

Mine is a '98...When it first happened they would flicker when hitting bumps and cornering...

its gotta be a short. whats happenin is the wire was probably hit the frame and grounding the circuit as it would if you opened the door. i would check where i explained because the have a piss poor design and squeeze the wires between the panel and a sharp pieces of metal and over the years of driving the metal wears through the wire coating. mine use to get stuck on and if i slammed door hard enough it would turn the lights of when basically the wire would lose contact with the frame and not short out. if ya need pictures i can take some this weekend if it helps.

Thanks for the heads up...Mine is beyond slammin the door, worked the first go 'round and has been stuck since...I know where your talkin, had some of that off routing coax...I'll dig in back there and see what I can find...

Back