• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seaforam works magic.

Zice

NAXJA Forum User
Soo one day I was reading some stuff on here and read about seafoam doing some crazy stuff and I wanted to try it... A week or so later I was at autozone trying to spend my gift card and saw seafoam and bought 2 cans of it... I go home and put 1/3 through the vaccum line and then the rest in my tank and Wow.

My jeep burnt ALOT of oil like it was bad probley 3 quarts every other gas fill up and smoked black smoke like a chimney...

Now 2 weeks and 3 tanks later my oil pressure is still at the same level... I havent checked it under the hood but before I would use my oil pressure as a capacity gauge and it has maintained the same pressure for the past 2 weeks which is a big plus... plus no more black smoke...

I cant believe it, and I really wasnt expecting results like this...

I guess what Im trying to say is try it out... if nothing else it will clean the carbon out of your engine and make a white smoke show for all your neighbors to gauck at :D

best 5-6 dollars spent on the heep.

I've used this stuff before on my 95 Toyota Pickup, not bad. Didn't really notice any signifigant results, but others swear by it. Which vaccum like did you use on your XJ?

It probably cleaned the oil ring on the pistons out and it resealed. I used to use the GM top engine cleaner in my S10 and Trooper, similar to sea foam I guess, same awsome smoke signature, neighbors ready to call the fire dept and the guy in the firetower zeroing in on your grid with his 200x scope to see whats going on :D

you best check under the hood first and then use the pressure gauge as you are driving.

i knew chrysler should have installed oil level warning lights in these things.

:shiver::shiver::shiver::shiver:

I realize its bad to do that but what I was saying is that my oil pressure has stayed the same throughout where as normally it would gradually decrese before...

I'm so worried about putting any liquids where my air intake is. I hydro locked a motor already and it really sucks. I do hear good stuff about this stuff. :)

Would you guys suggest going somewhere remote or out of your neighborhood to use this stuff? You don't want to get your neighbors mad, who cares about strangers you will probably not see again. :)
Is there a good chance you will stall your motor and not be able to restart it? How long does this stuff take to ease up on the smoke show so you can drive home without getting pulled over and ticketed by the Cops?

Big Red said:
Is there a good chance you will stall your motor and not be able to restart it?
i ran some in my 96 ram 5.9 in the oil and i didn't let it settle off the valves before i restarted sucked a huge gob of seafoam into engine, it was a bitch to start the first time afterwards, a series of about three 30 second cranks with running the fuel pump inbetween

Big Red said:
I'm so worried about putting any liquids where my air intake is. I hydro locked a motor already and it really sucks. I do hear good stuff about this stuff. :)

Would you guys suggest going somewhere remote or out of your neighborhood to use this stuff? You don't want to get your neighbors mad, who cares about strangers you will probably not see again. :)
Is there a good chance you will stall your motor and not be able to restart it? How long does this stuff take to ease up on the smoke show so you can drive home without getting pulled over and ticketed by the Cops?
I too swamped an engine just shy of hydro'n it, so I was hesitant to do this but it went alot better than expected...

and while your doing it it bogs down when you start putting too much in so just back off a little, the vacuum pulls in ALOT of air so it isnt hard to hit the hole... and I believe your supposed to put enough in to kill the engine when your done adding it... let engine cool to 0 degrees and then start it and let it run until normal operating pressure... you can get alot of smoke out if you rev it some... I had smoke all over the place when I did it... mine smoked for atleast a week and when getting on it and taking off from stop... its good smoke though thats all the bad stuff coming out of your engine :D

Thanks for the 1st hand experienace Zice. Does this stuff stay in your oil? I want to use it, but I just put in $10/qt Lucas additive and 5 quarts of new oil so I'm hesitant to mess with it. I'll give it a try when I need another oil change, thanks for the info.

Troy

Yea dont put it in your oil more than like 20 miles before your oil change... it cleans your engine out and all the stuff it cleans sits in your engines oil so you want to add, run, change oil...

Happy to be able to help out a Veteran Member ;)

Big Red said:

Just do it after dark. Tip if you have a concrete drive don't do it on the driveway unless you put something under the exhaust pipe.
All that crap and gunk in your engine is going to come out the pipe.

Thanks for all the info guys. We are all learning something or other here. I will definately use this stuff in the future, especially before I go for my next smog inspection. I've heard of this stuff in the past, but I've very very reluctant putting any liquid in my air intake, with this stuff it is safe so I'll do it. thanks again. Any pics of the smoke show and the pissed off neighbors??? :smoker:

personally I would put it through the brake vacuum line... its very easy with the suction of the vacuum and you dont have to brake out any tools, just pull it off, dump, put it back on and your done...

Zice said:
personally I would put it through the brake vacuum line... its very easy with the suction of the vacuum and you dont have to brake out any tools, just pull it off, dump, put it back on and your done...

Which line is this? Anyone got a picture?

So where all can you put this stuff?

Back