• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rebuilding 6.5" rusty pack.

3rd down... main leaf and second leaf stay

Rusty used to use the same pack for 4.5 and 6.5 lift, just included a 2" lift shackle (I think). Might try using a shorter 1" or 1.5" shackle if this is still true. My 4.5" springs are fairly soft and will sag under much load. I guess if you always run empty, no big deal, but once in a while I tow the boat, or load the back end down with tools, parts, and camping supplies. They are plenty soft then, and sometimes I wish they were a bit stiffer. Use you own judgement, but given my experience, I wouldn't recommend removing any leaves.

fxdlrider said:
Rusty used to use the same pack for 4.5 and 6.5 lift, just included a 2" lift shackle (I think). Might try using a shorter 1" or 1.5" shackle if this is still true. My 4.5" springs are fairly soft and will sag under much load. I guess if you always run empty, no big deal, but once in a while I tow the boat, or load the back end down with tools, parts, and camping supplies. They are plenty soft then, and sometimes I wish they were a bit stiffer. Use you own judgement, but given my experience, I wouldn't recommend removing any leaves.

I remember reading they were made for a load. And for mor flex, you could remove one. it should be alright.. I'm dropping the shackle lift as well. Problem. VA laws.

I've got Rustys 6.5" leaf pack + 1.5" lift shakles rear.
w/ his 6.5" coils front.

WAY higher rear at first.
First I removed just the 4th down. wasn't enough.
Second I removed the 4th & 5th down. wasn't enough.
Now I have the 3rd & 5th down removed. & that has me front/rear exactly even.

Pretty sure I'm going to buy 5.5" coils now. so... probably gonna have to remove another leaf. I'm running out of leafs to remove!

Back