• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wierd No start issue

MrShaft696

NAXJA Forum User
I drove to the gas station filled up, then went to start and nothing. It was as if the battery was completly disconnected, nothing came on, no fuel pump prime, a soon as i popped the hood, the power came back on. The radio was reset like when you disconnect the battery, and then it started and ran fine>? WTF? I have a 96 with a 5 speed. Is this because of a bad ground or something on the battery? Should i clean my terminals and connections?

MrShaft696 said:
It was as if the battery was completly disconnected Is this because of a bad ground or something on the battery? Should i clean my terminals and connections?

Yes, yes, and yes-- it's quite probable that the terminals have built up some corrosion, but you could also have a battery that no-longer has a good, complete circuit internally. Heat can cause expansion of the pats and break the connection.

Clean them, tighten them, and have the battery tested.

Back