• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear 5 on 5.5 discs Dana 44

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to be going to 5 on 5.5 in the front soon(dana 44 W/hubs). I know I can convert my rear to 5 on 5.5 by using after market dual bolt pattern axle shafts. My question is what I can use for rear discs? I was thinking about a ZJ or crown vic swap but not sure about any stock rotors that will work with those.

Wheel spacer adapters are a pretty cheap and easy fix. Trailgear.com although if you can find a more responsible company, by all means.

Clean-RC said:
Just use the explorer stuff, and redrill the rotors to 5 on 5.5.. Its not that hard to do actually.
I was thinking about that, I don't have a drill press and the machine shops Ive talked to don't seem to want anything to do with redrilling rotors.

naughty_auty said:
I'm in tukwila and have a drill press

Bring you own bit and you can use my press

I might take you up on that. this is about a month out, just planning right now so there are as few "Oh Shit!" moments as possible.

Suzuki Sidekick (Geo Tracker) uses 5 on 5.5".

The SWB trucks use non-vented in the front, the LWB trucks are vented. I made my own brackets to fit the Sidekick caliper.

I'm using them with a Scout II Dana 44.

CJs are also 5 on 5.5"

And of course, IH Scout.

Back