• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Okay guys and gals...are we going to ride or what???

Kudzu

NAXJA Forum User
:lol: :lol: LOL got your attention.

We have several choices for riding on the 18 Mt. Aenta is open and th Senic City Club will be willing to lead us around...we can go soouth to LA(Lower Alabama) to Gardendale but I was holding off on that till April they are having a big ride I would like for some of us to attend...

Tellico is always a choice but I hope to go there in March..not with the regular JU crowd with the group from FL.

Wes, do you think we could do anything in Mounteagle???

I have some feelers out for some different areas..one in North AL around Huntsville...also Have an area in Gadsden about 30 miles from my place if any are interested we can hit that.

You guys are alway welcome at Monteagle. Just give me a call at the shop and I will make sure to take care of you. I would be more than happy to take some of you into stagecoach and Wes knows lost of the easier stuff. The toll free # at the shop is 866-248-8638.

I guess Dan beat me to it. I can arrange for us to ride in Monteagle or someone can give Dan a call, he knows the trials much better than I do. We can find something there to ride that will please everyone and it won't be miles and miles of rocky trial to get to one obstacle. We could ride between the interstates, the good parts of Coppenger Cove, or if everyone is able and feeling adverturous we can go down into stagecoach. Aetna might be a good ride too depending on how much rain we see between now and then. The peanut butter bowl is fun but that mud is like concrete. I'm interested in Gardendale but I'll go where ever the group wants to go. I'm still riding somewhere on the 18th so let's get something together soon.

OK,it's clearly evident that I suck at being the "events coordinator",hell,I can't even remember my user name/password to post under my original name. I just don't know of all these good places to ride and how to get in touch with the right people like you guys do :( . Anyone else wanna give it a shot? Anyway,I'm up for anywhere. I'm just sick to death of mud! The last 3-4 trips out have been in the mud,and I'm lusting after a nice,dry trail ride :lol:

[quote:116226ec4e="GA Mike"]OK,it's clearly evident that I suck at being the "events coordinator",hell,I can't even remember my user name/password to post under my original name. I just don't know of all these good places to ride and how to get in touch with the right people like you guys do :( . Anyone else wanna give it a shot? Anyway,I'm up for anywhere. I'm just sick to death of mud! The last 3-4 trips out have been in the mud,and I'm lusting after a nice,dry trail ride :lol:[/quote:116226ec4e]

If you're sick of mud then you don't want to go to Aetna, mucho mud there. Like I said, I'm up for whatever. Let's just set a place now that the date is set and stick to it. Are there only three of us going?

:lol: :lol:
You don't suck Mike I have just been doing it longer...You'll get the hang of it and i will give up some info on the whos and wheres...

I guess we could do Monteagle. It seems that we had more than 3 people interested in going,though. Whoever's going,speak up now!

On a side note.....
I was cruising the Southern Jeeps web site and there was a recent post about Mnt Aetna being off limits now. I've never been there,so I don't know the validity of the story. They said a land developement company had bought the land,then another said Tennessee Offroad had purchased it. You hear anything like that? Or is it just bunk info?

Not sure if its off limits i do know that they closed the rail road entrance that we used the last time...Yeah lland development is the big thing there...Tht is why the entrance from Raccoon Campground was closed...

last time I was down there we went in by the trooper station but I have heard rumors that all of the entrances are off limits

Well, it sounds like Aetna isn't a possiblity. At least until someone finds out for sure wether or not it's open. I had heard it wasn't but that was a while ago and Sports in the Rough has since put a large ride on there so who knows. Seeing as Jan. 18th is fast approaching why don't we just settle on Montealge and save somewhere else for the next trip? If Dan can be talked into showing us around we can cover alot of ground and see some pretty good trails in one day. Sound like a good idea?

hey guys i would like to know by monday. I'm sure my jeep will be limping when I get back from windrock this weekend so that would give me a couple of days to put it back together for the 18th.

[quote:efc3473106="Carpenter"]Well, it sounds like Aetna isn't a possiblity. At least until someone finds out for sure wether or not it's open. I had heard it wasn't but that was a while ago and Sports in the Rough has since put a large ride on there so who knows. Seeing as Jan. 18th is fast approaching why don't we just settle on Montealge and save somewhere else for the next trip? If Dan can be talked into showing us around we can cover alot of ground and see some pretty good trails in one day. Sound like a good idea?[/quote:efc3473106]
Sounds like a plan! Monteagle it is. I've never been there,so,I'll need some directions of some sort.Looks like I'll be on I-24 coming out of Georgia. I'll be lost after that :D. Any good hotels to stay at close by? I don't know if I'll be up for driving all that distance to and from (and trail-riding too)in one day :roll: .

Take I-24 to exit 134. Off that exit take a left, go about 1/2 mile and you'll see Jim Oliver's Smokehouse/Best Western on the left. Behind the Smokehouse is where we usually meet. How about we meet there on the 18th at say, 9:00 central time. Will that give everyone enough time to get there? If not we can push it back but we will be getting off the trials later. Right when you get off the exit there is a Budget Host Inn, that is your best bet on accomodations, much cheaper than the Best Western and the rooms are good enough. There is an excellent resturant right there called the Bluewater that has excellent food, cheap drinks and a pretty good night life. I'm sure I'll be staying over night to ride on Sunday so you won't be the only one in town. How well equipped is everyone? How challenging a trail would everyone like to ride?

Well,I'm decently equipped to handle moderate to hard stuff,but would like to keep it on the moderate side so I can still make it back home in one piece. Body damage is of no concern,I consider them badges of honor,I just don't want to be stranded in the cold,working on my junk when I could be enjoying the ride :roll:. Oh,yeah,thanks for the directions! 9:00 sounds good to me,central is an hour behind our time,right? :?

Funny thing is, once you give up caring about body damage things go down hill. It was barely over a year ago when I got my first real dent. Now there are very few places on my Jeep that aren't dented or scratched. We'll save the decision as to where we will ride until game day I guess. We'll just see who shows up, how they're equipped, what spares they have, and go somewhere that will make everyone happy. I'm happy riding whatever. There are moderatley difficult trails to ride, difficult trails to ride, easy trails to ride, easy trails with difficult obstacles to ride, you get the picture. So right now it's me, Heather and Kevin (which XJ?), GA Mike and possibly Greddy (xjaddiction). Anyone else? There will be a group of Rovers up there that weekend too but we can keep clear of them.

You can count me in. I have a '93 Sport w/ 5in. lift 32'' mud kings. Loc-Right in front Dana30 (upgraded with new axles & 760x u-joints).
Chry. 8 1/4 rear w/Detroit and Yukon 29spline shafts). I'm rigged out pretty well, but I have to drive home with it, so on a scale of 1-5, I would like a trail ride with a difficulty of 3-4. I've never been to Monteagle, but the place sounds great. I've been geting a lot of my offroad expierence in at the Superlift Offroad Park in Hot Springs, AR. And I hear from people from other areas, that the trails found there are underated, so the 3's there are more like 4's at other places. If we decide on holding a get-together there, I can do the guiding. I highly reccomend it to anyone.

Hey I'm going to post this ride on the Jeep Forum and maybe we can get some more people to come.

Back