• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar help needed please

Cisco Kid

NAXJA Forum User
First off here is a bit of info on my XJ. It is a 98 and has a 2 1/2" Superlift lift kit (installed by previous owner). This Jeep is my daily driver and most likely will not be taken off road because I don't want to be fixing broken stuff while trying to get out of debt. The problem I have is that the holes where the track bar bolts to the axle have been elongated from the bolt being loose. After spending the past few days searching on this site I have found alot of great information but would like some help with my particular situation. Should I go ahead and buy an adjustable unit to replace my stocker? If so what should I get? Do any of the aftermarket bars allow you to drill out the mount on the axle and use a 7/16" bolt instead of the stock 3/8" bolt?

If at all possible I would like to fix this correctly without drilling a new hole in the axle mount or using one of those cheesy relocating brackets. Cost is also being taken into consideration as well because I don't want a ton of money wrapped up in this. Thanks for any and all help and opinions. :patriot:

You could find a thick washer with the right size hole and have it welded to the right place on the stock bracket. I would recommend the rubicon express track bars as they seem to be top quality. At the amount of lift you have though, a relocating bracket is a good inexpensive solution.

Back