• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

headlight switch???????

TBCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Would someone tell me where the button,/ knob is to
release the headlight switch from the dash, trying to take my cluster out and have to get the headlight switch off to do that.
2001 cherokee sport.
i have looked !!!!!
don't see anything like a buttom release.
is it on the inside by the wireing where the light switch screws on?
or on the outside once knob is pull to on position?
any pic!:
thanks for any info.

I think it's on the top or bottom, uses the same switch as our wranglers, just a little rivite sized button.

The 99 FSM says to remove the knee blocker from the instrument panel first, pull the switch knob all the way on, then "Reach up under the instrument panel through the outboard side of the steering column opening to access and depress the headlamp switch control knob and shaft release button on the inboard side of the switch body." Then pull out the shaft, etc.

On my '97 it was on the right side of the switch. It is about the size of a rivet like Rich said and it should be somewhat spring loaded.

I just went through this last week. Unfortunately I'm gonna have to put another new switch in since the one I got has dead spots all over it.

Do i need to disconnect the battery first or can i take it the switch knob off and be ok.

Will it keep my headlights on till i push it back together?
Trying to find a dash raddle and need to drive it with dash cover off to get the spot thats rattles while moving.

Yes, your headlights will stay on unless you disconnect the battery.

DDCxj said:
Yes, your headlights will stay on unless you disconnect the battery.

So will the buzzer, very annoying.

Back