• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TNT bumper

mylatestadventure

NAXJA Forum User
I have a tnt front bumper which seems to be causing my 96 sport to overheat at highway speeds. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this same problem. I took the bumper off today and when i drove it at highway speed it stayed right at 210. with bumper it would reach 240 or so.

looking at the design, i would say its possible it ruined some air flow.... however, i think you have other gremlins in your cooling system!

xcm said:
looking at the design, i would say its possible it ruined some air flow.... however, i think you have other gremlins in your cooling system!

time for a radiator flush.....

could also be a water pump going out....

which one do you have? i have tnt's rock runner bumper and it hasnt caused me any problems. Maybe its the weight of the bumper causing it to overheat? Try putting the bumper in the trunk and drive around like that see if it causes any problems.

Let's address elementary causes of overheating, before jumping directly to your bumper as the sole cause.
There are lots of variables, so let's run thru a few questions:

Rig Year?
Engine?
Trans?
Miles on odometer?
Mods--lift, tire size, gearing etc
Engine mods, exhaust mods?

emr1101 said:
which one do you have? i have tnt's rock runner bumper and it hasnt caused me any problems. Maybe its the weight of the bumper causing it to overheat? Try putting the bumper in the trunk and drive around like that see if it causes any problems.

The weight?!?! I doubt it... it would weigh less than a large dog... If you're jeep overheats when you through ~75 - ~100 pounds in it, you have big issues.

Back