• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I bent my drivers side LCA mount

GGR

NAXJA Forum User
Well I somehow managed to bend my LCA mount, How.... I have no friggin clue. But my question to you all is this:

What would be the most straightforward way to fix/repair this.

a. Get a new front axle
b. Cut off the old mounts and weld on new one's (are these available?)
c. Give up and walk from now on.

It's a D30 front stock

Thanks in advance.

If you only bent it, straighten it out. If it's ripped, cut it off and replace it. Either way, have a piece of 3/8 flat bar welded across the bottom of the repaired/new mount--goes for the other side as well--these mounts are rock catchers, and are pitifully weak from the factory.

the guy on gojeep had to lower his mounts so he could fit a wj lcr (without modifying the front bushing) and it doesn't look too hard. might want to check that out. or, make friends with a welder. :) or just bend it back! goodluck

When I say bent I mean distorted bent, like it was trying to explode almost. I like the Currie idea where can i get them from. Already have two welder buddies, that don't know that they have a new project coming up. I just wanna fix it "right" this time.

When I ordered mine from Rusty's it only took 3 business days.

JrTxJ said:
the guy on gojeep had to lower his mounts so he could fit a wj lcr (without modifying the front bushing) and it doesn't look too hard. might want to check that out. or, make friends with a welder. :) or just bend it back! goodluck
That's not why he had the lowered mounts, I believe. I did the WJ arms with stock mounts, and the only problem I have is insane squeaking. Oh, by the way, he isn't just "the guy on gojeep"; he is Gojeep.

Has anyone ever replaced the stock mounts while the axle was still under the Jeep, or would it be better to remove the axle alltogether. Only reason I ask is I just dont wanna have to disassemble the whole front end if I don't have to.

I took mine to a shop in town and they did it on a lift with the axle still on.

Back