• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front coil spacers

jaykob85

NAXJA Forum User
96 XJ 3" rough country lift with new springs, 1.5" shackles, 31"x10.5x15MTZ on 15x8 DC-1's. the front tires are rubbing on the fender/ flare. would 1.5 front spring spacers help and if so are they ok to add already having a 3" lift

You didn't trim I take it? I would ditch the flares and trim. If you don't, you will probably need the extra lift as well as bumpstop accordingly.

i was thinking about takin off the flares, no i have not trimmed yet, it has not left the driveway since the new tires and wheels, im still waiting for some more parts for the cooling system upgrade! a lil advice on the bump stop would be good.

You don't even need to take off the flares, just trim. Cut, cut cut......no one will even notice.

first setup i ever built i ran a 3" coil with a 2" spacer with 31's and wheeled the piss out of it on extreme trails, it will rub and it still rubbed a tiny it when i trimmed it. how much you cut out depends on how you use it and how clean you want it. just make sure if you add the spring spacer that you step up to a proper adjustable track bar too, lca's are nice too but not necessary. hope this helps...

-Doug-

here it is cut out with 31's
DSC01638.jpg

here it is on 33's (which for me at the time was one of the best setups i ever ran)
DSC09145.jpg

Back