• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to find throttle bellcrank and linkage for 88 Renix

Whitey08

NAXJA Forum User
It seems i have found the correct term for the throttle bracket (bellcrank) and I need a new one as mine sticks closed and open....I dont mind the little tap I give it when its closed, but it could be very dangerous (or very fun) if it were to stick open while driving. I took it off the engine and played with it, lubed it up and it got a little better, but still not how it should be....so my question is, where can I find a new one? I also need the "dogleg" rod linkage thing as one of the plastic ends the ball snaps in to is worn and I dont trust it

I've searched for these parts online to no avail, am I looking at going to a dealer or junkyard?

Thanks, Dan

Whitey08 said:
It seems i have found the correct term for the throttle bracket (bellcrank) and I need a new one as mine sticks closed and open....I dont mind the little tap I give it when its closed, but it could be very dangerous (or very fun) if it were to stick open while driving. I took it off the engine and played with it, lubed it up and it got a little better, but still not how it should be....so my question is, where can I find a new one? I also need the "dogleg" rod linkage thing as one of the plastic ends the ball snaps in to is worn and I dont trust it

I've searched for these parts online to no avail, am I looking at going to a dealer or junkyard?

Thanks, Dan
You'll never find them anywhere like NAPA or any other aftermarket parts place. You could go to the dealer, but you'd pay WAY too much. The junkyard is probably your best bet and they are reasonably priced. Another added benefit of the junkyard is that you can be picky, if you buy from someplace like E-bay, you get what you get. At a junkyard if you don't like what you see, find another jeep or another junkyard. Remember that all the parts on your jeep are used too.

I guess i'll head down to the pull-n-pray...last time i was there i noticed 3 XJ's there...hopefully i'll find a good one

i wish i had some jeeps in the yards where im at. they seem to never die.......

thus why mine keep goin lol

Back