• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country Shocks

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
Why did my brand new shocks at 10 miles decide to blow out the bushings on all of my bar pins??!!!

Are they long enough? or too short putting too much stress on them? Mine wore out quick but not that quick, I switched to energy suspension poly bushings (they were a bitch to get in there!)
Make sure you arent bottoming out the shock or using it as a "limiting strap"

Nope, there however they came and all i got to do was drive it down the highway, no offroading at all i have no idea why they fell apart. Is there a cheap way to make bar pin eliminators

94XJ2door5speed said:
Nope, there however they came and all i got to do was drive it down the highway, no offroading at all i have no idea why they fell apart. Is there a cheap way to make bar pin eliminators

there is but it mounts the shock improperly, (rear sway bar mounts)

try northrige4x4 , I got bpe's and a shock conversion for cheap ,overnight!

get rid of the junk...
as someone who has ran those shocks, GET EM OFF! DO NOT SPEND ANY MONEY ON THEM.
the answer is theyre junk, and suck soo badly that they force the bushings to absorb the impacts that theyre too lame to deal with

northridge4x4 is a good site, ive had nothing but good experiences with them, but dont call for any reason other than to buy new shocks... DO NOT PUT ANY MONEY INTO NEW BUSHINGS,

in fact, rough country will most likely come in here and offer you new shocks... bitch at them, and make them ship you new shit.... then take those new rc shocks, and throw em in the garbage and dont look back

Got mine of the RC factory XJ... they did just effing fine on mine, wheeling for months on end.

So you say they suck? Guess i got lucky, mine are fine... I wish i could have gotten some stiffer shocks for mine.... Mine are about 2 years old now.. They may have sent you the wrong shocks... I would talk to them first... Have a great day

the minute someone mentions rough country shocks that eat up top bushings, i knew which shocks he had.
maybe you guys who arent having as bad as luck as ive had are running the larger (4-5") lifts?

I have RC shocks on my XJ right now and I'm willing to bet if I replaced them with SOLID BARS the ride wouldn't change! :D

im really not sure why everyone bitches about them. i have rc9000's on my xj with 6 inches of lift and they are a little stiff but not bad and the upper bushing is fine and ive had them for almost a year.
from what ive seen the upper bushing goes bad real fast if you overtighten them.
mike

I have RC8000 shocks on a 3 in lift and there fine, and i beat on them pretty hard. mine see 2 feet of air and i cant see any damage to them. idk maybe im just lucky?

IIRC, RC had a bad run of bushings and replaced them for people.

Yes there bushing manufacturer DAYSTAR had a bad batch and a bad mold on a run. Rough Country said they had recalled all that they new of but some got buy. Daystar makes bushing for rough country, rancho, super lift, etc... soo they told me all of them had to be recalled. I got a full replacement set for no charge, there great!

xcm said:
the minute someone mentions rough country shocks that eat up top bushings, i knew which shocks he had.
maybe you guys who arent having as bad as luck as ive had are running the larger (4-5") lifts?

Get your head out of your arse...multiple people have said they like them and your one of the few who is hating on an affordable option for most. I have been running RC nitro shocks for about 4 months now, and they work great. (Not the best feeling, but they're cheap...so good for the money)

~Scott

xcm said:

where in the hell due you get off with this shit you say if you read the orig post and not assume you know what you are talking about you will see that he in fact is not talking about his top bushing he says barpin bushings. I know that the rear upper is barpin but you my friend are talking about the front so thanks for showing your ignorance and rapidness to bash without reading.

now to the OP:

Now I am sorry for one, not catching this post sooner and two for the bushing but I will replace them and anyone who knows us knows that. Daystar who mfgs our bushing sent out a shit load of bad bushings to not just us but skyjacker and a few other companies. We as an industy have been fighting this crappy bushing for around 2 months and have without question sent replacements from the new and correct batch. This is not a "ROUGH COUNTRY shitty shock" problem but a faulty bushing from one of the indusrty leading bushing makers.

I replied to this under Grimus and not my new Rough Country account due to frustration I get a the few internet warriors who only know what there local shop or friend has told them and I knew a few choice words would come out.

We as Rough Country have never claimed to be the best of the best but what we do offer is a complete qaulity lift kit at a fair and reasonable price. Our qaulity has improved ten fold over the past 5 or 6 years and we are constantly looking at new ways to improve old kits. One thing to keep in mind is we at Heckethorn Off Road (our parent company) have only owned the Rough Country name 1993 and even then it took several years to sell out all the old inventory we aquired with the company. Am I saying it was crap before (maybe) but since we have been able to due our own mfg, outsourcing, Quality control and R & D the company has grown. That is the reason most of the older gentlemen have nothing but negative things to say and they are the ones who beat it into allot of the younger generation that we are garbage. I will but any of my kits up against any one elses of eqaul componets and promise we will go and do whatever they can. Now lets talk about shocks, We offer entry level shocks and never argued that point however we are producing new performance shocks for thos who want them and they are available for the JK and TJ right now. We also have never had a problem selling any of our kits without shocks upon request for that reason as well.

sincerly Jason Birkes

sorry for the rant I get a little fired up and stupid comments

:cheers::cheers::soapbox::cheers::cheers:

I'm with Grimus here.

There are _VERY FEW_ companies that offer the kind of service RC offers, and as far as I can tell they are the only company who is not cherokee specific who offers us this level of service.

Rough Country may not have the 'top shelf' product out there, but they offer better stuff than most of the competition and go ABOVE AND BEYOND to make sure every single customer is serviced and satisfied.

I'm honored to have Grimus as a Naxja member and as part of our sponsorship program.

Cal

i have heard a few issues with the bushings. but i have seen FIRST hand from this forum, and others, if there is a problem related to the build quality of the product they sell, they 99.9% have a no-questions asked warranty!

Due to the fast and respectable customer service i have seen from RC in the past few months, i had NO hesitation in sending my hard earned money to this company.

Hell, I think companys should take notes. this is how customer service SHOULD be done!

Back