• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So my driveshaft snapped...

EvanH

NAXJA Forum User
Yeeeeah, I was at a stop light, light turned green, I started to go and heard a loud clicking and kinda scraping noise. I was not wheelin prior to it nor was I doing excessive speeds. What might cause this? I didn't really take a close look at it. Could it have just been rusted? I figure I would feel some difference in the drive if it was about to go. Please fill me in cause I am clueless. :(

expensive or naw? I was thinking of just cutting a portion of the driveshaft off and letting my warranty buy me a new one... along with a SYE >_> :p

Driveshaft may be fine, depending on how hard it "flopped" around, could have possibly bent your t-case output shaft. If all is well with the driveshaft and t-case, all you need to do is replace the yoke(ubolt style would be best) and bolt the driveshaft back up and good to go, and it's not expensive

Back