• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pics of OTK steering Setup

SOUTHTEXASXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am installing my JCR OTK steering setup and wanted to see how much yall cut away from the spring buckets and your steering stops.From what I can tell so far you loose quite a bit of turning. Post them up please and thank you!!

I can try to take pics tonight, but from what I remember.........I think I cut up to the stock track bar mount, and then transferred that measurement to the other side

that would be cool if you could.I cut the stock track bar mount off and the sway bar mounts too.I got the JKS OTA trac bar mount and their longer sway bar mounts

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
that would be cool if you could.I cut the stock track bar mount off and the sway bar mounts too.I got the JKS OTA trac bar mount and their longer sway bar mounts

Well, being that you weld it up to the bucket......set your jks mount up on the axle and that will tell you how far back to cut it.

lapisxj said:
I've got a thread where I put together an OTK setup (not JCR but close). I have picts in that thread but they may not be what you're looking for. I removed the swaybar brackets, extended the bumpstops, and did a little trimming but one of the biggest clearance issues was the diff cover (SOLID). Yea, you will loose some of your turning radius.

do you DD without the swaybar connected? Didnt really see any close pics of the buckets but had some good info Thanks

Technically speaking, I think this belongs in the picture showcase and not in mod_tech. ;)

I've had to grind about a half inch from the front of coil buckets when I did a flipped JCR setup.

P1010781.jpg

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
do you DD without the swaybar connected? Didnt really see any close pics of the buckets but had some good info Thanks

No, this jeep hasn't been DD'd in over a year and a half due to DW and I'm still fighting it. I was working on my hidden winch this evening and looked at the buckets and it looks like I took about 1/2" off the front. The swaybar link brackets I have not put back on yet but will when I get around to it.

cal said:
Technically speaking, I think this belongs in the picture showcase and not in mod_tech. ;)

I've had to grind about a half inch from the front of coil buckets when I did a flipped JCR setup.

:)

Yeah, do you want to see pics, or do you want to know what people did? Can't see what you need in the pics. Besides, if you're using the JKS track bar bracket and sway bar link mounts, you can fit it and make it just what you want. Regardless of what anyone else did, you're still going to have to test it and make it fit your rig.

Goatman said:
:)

Yeah, do you want to see pics, or do you want to know what people did? Can't see what you need in the pics. Besides, if you're using the JKS track bar bracket and sway bar link mounts, you can fit it and make it just what you want. Regardless of what anyone else did, you're still going to have to test it and make it fit your rig.

yeah I know just trying to get all the info I can. I like to be informed before going into a project not to just go in blind.

Starboard M said:
pic of the clearence of the tie rod and the tracbar while at full lock?

256offroad said:
pic of the clearence of the tie rod and the tracbar while at full lock?
Tried to get it at full lock, but Jeep wouldnt cooperate. Imagine the steering 1/4'' away from everything.

012.jpg

wow looks pretty decent to me...how does it do flexing while at lock? no rubs on the trac bar? i just got the re tracbar/bracket/framesupport and dont really wanna cut it down and relocate it for otk

KIF_3244.jpg

KIF_3245.jpg

i trimmed up to the coil on both sides,
i havent done anything to the steering stops but i just remember not to go full lock. it will rub on the track bar just a lil under a full turn. so far no death wobble, and it handles good as it was stock now
KIF_3246.jpg

Back