• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just an idea.......

Djmack

NAXJA Forum User
so i had this idea of taking a cherokee.. cutting the top off.. and resupporting it with a roll cage, but also welding the doors shut and putting bondo over them... oh... also cut the front and back doors down a little for easier access.

i came up with a crappy photoshop image of my idea..

What are your thoughts?

randybechtsapache3copy.jpg

Ditch the bushwackers first... :D

But seriously why? What do you want? A buggy that looks like a cherokee? Or something that has no roof? It would be cool if done properly, otherwise it would just be another pile.

-Alex

well... i still love cherokee's... but i figured.. i want to make something custom from something previously existing.. basicly so i can catch peoples eyes, as well as pwn the trails.

and trust me... if i got the money to do this... i would do it right.

So, kinda like an oversized MB, with the doors welded shut (instead of removable canvas doors...)

Interesting thought, and I've heard worse. Do you plan on making some sort of removable top for it, waterproofing the interior, or just garaging the beast?

Also, if you're going to go to that much trouble (and it's probably not going to be street legal anyhow,) why not remove the windscreen as well? Go for the "fully open top" look...

Just another thought...

well... when i was on the hunt for buying a jeep cherokee months ago... i came across one with RHINO LINER interior and exterior...

so maybe i can rhino line the inside and the under body to prevent any rust, and ill figure something out for the seats...

but i had plans for taking out the entire dash and possibly making a new one. it will give more room.. there will be no need for A/C or storage which would allow me to go all the way back to the fire wall...

I for one wouldn't want to have to get in/out of the damn thing - especially if it's gonna have a lift kit......... Getting rid of the functional doors would make it a biach to have to climb up into and out of.

Although...... could make for interesting views when helping that pretty young gal up into the pass. side........ :D

I was also thinking about this. i think its a great idea, if you do it right. This could be totally mucked up, so good luck, I'd love to see the results.

YELLAHEEP said:
I for one wouldn't want to have to get in/out of the damn thing - especially if it's gonna have a lift kit......... Getting rid of the functional doors would make it a biach to have to climb up into and out of.

Although...... could make for interesting views when helping that pretty young gal up into the pass. side........ :D

The only view you will get of the pretty young gal is of her walking away saying "I'm not getting into that deathtrap"

Throw a rope ladder over the side and climb up. Or build steps into the side, like on a fighter jet :D

I just dont get why it would matter that much for you to weld the doors shut. Why not just do the retractable sunroof they did in jp and put a cage in a bad ass cherokee that still is different. If you are after attention do the sunroof and drive standing up!!!

just remove the doors and put tube doors on it, if u build a full cage u could have a canvas top that snapped to it or even velcro, just try to keep the xj style, try not to make it look like a jk

im trying to keep it xj... mostly... but with some different looks... hopefully it can also be build much stronger then an actual xj. by removing the unibody support and making it dependend on a roll cage.

money doesnt mean sh1t when it comes to getting body seams to line up.
if your cage layout is any indication, id recommend more passive research.

:rolleyes:
Gravity is a fickle mistress.

Back